Screen Glare

Reaction score
Folks, Just wondering how everyone who uses a tablet or phone copes with the screen glare, I mean I am out on the field and the screen on my 7 inch Lenovo tablet is close to useless due to this glare.
I have constructed a hood out of flat black card from designs I have found on this forum, it helps but I find its not enough???

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

All these phone and tablet screens do have glare in bright sun light and sun shade is not very effective. I have seen some shades with like tunnel, they might block enough light. But all others are not effective. If you use fpv goggles, you will get better views.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Bomber
I have just created my own design. I used a baseball cap and sewed a longish piece of black material on the back of it. I wear the cap with the material hanging behind me during take-off. Once in the air I pull the material over towards the front and over the iPhone. I then fly perfectly on the screen. On one flight this morning I made a mistake, while getting the cloth in position I heard the bird fly past me. I accidentally hit switch 1 into Atti mode. Quickly fixed the mistake and now very comfortable flying under my cover.

All these phone and tablet screens do have glare in bright sun light and sun shade is not very effective. I have seen some shades with like tunnel, they might block enough light. But all others are not effective. If you use fpv goggles, you will get better views.

Thanks for your reply, I see your point but I don't like my chances with the minister of finance at my house at the moment ! Which fpv goggles would work on a budget? Many thanks.

I have just created my own design. I used a baseball cap and sewed a longish piece of black material on the back of it. I wear the cap with the material hanging behind me during take-off. Once in the air I pull the material over towards the front and over the iPhone. I then fly perfectly on the screen. On one flight this morning I made a mistake, while getting the cloth in position I heard the bird fly past me. I accidentally hit switch 1 into Atti mode. Quickly fixed the mistake and now very comfortable flying under my cover.

This sounds like an idea, dual purpose...keep the flies off my face as well! Yep would love to see an image of this!!

Anti-glare film on my Nvidia Shield seems to cut a lot of glare out.

This sounds like an idea, dual purpose...keep the flies off my face as well! Yep would love to see an image of this!!

I live alone, so it is difficult. I will have company on Wednesday, I'll get a few pics then and post them here. It is not neat and tidy at all, very rough, but it works. The next one will be a lot neater and better looking.

I'm thinking of using the fpv googles and have looked at accompanying software....Drone VR? Does this replace the DJI Go app or can I use them both, I mean I still would like to capture footage when I take my PS3 out for a spin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic