Screen Brightness: iPad vs. Samsung super AMOLED

Reaction score
Have been using an iPad mini 4 with my Phantom 4 Pro, but would like a brighter screen. Has anyone directly compared the newest iPad screens with the Samsung S2 super AMOLED ones?

I'll get the Samsung S2 8" if the increased brightness is significant. Maybe I should just buy one on Amazon and try it; send it back if it's no better.
Anyone with experience on this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Have been using an iPad mini 4 with my Phantom 4 Pro, but would like a brighter screen. Has anyone directly compared the newest iPad screens with the Samsung S2 super AMOLED ones?

I'll get the Samsung S2 8" if the increased brightness is significant. Maybe I should just buy one on Amazon and try it; send it back if it's no better.
Anyone with experience on this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I don't think it matters, no tablet can compete with the brightness of the sun. Many people (myself included) use a shade that (somewhat) shields the tablet screen, but is often ineffective. I have one of these on the way. I'm excited about it, I hope it meets my expectations. Cheers.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters, no tablet can compete with the brightness of the sun. Many people (myself included) use a shade that (somewhat) shields the tablet screen, but is often ineffective. I have one of these on the way. I'm excited about it, I hope it meets my expectations. Cheers.
Check hoodmanusa.com there 99.99 usd (always ship us postal, NOT fedx or other couriers as they may charge brokerage fees+++ to Canada)

The hoodman works great....I usually just use the half that is attached to the tablet.
If I really want or need total sun blackout then I use both parts.

The hoodman works great....I usually just use the half that is attached to the tablet.
If I really want or need total sun blackout then I use both parts.
Hoodman is expensive, but quality usually is. They make stuff that is built to last. Cheers.

Received my Samsung S2 8" Tablet. Big problem; the DJI controller will not connect up with the S2, and I notice I'm not the only one with this issue.
Screen brightness is definitely better than my iPad Mini 4, but obviously, the loss of connectivity is a problem -- Duh!
Anyone listening know if/when DJI is going to place this tablet on its approved list? It's not as if this tablet has just appeared on the market yesterday!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl