Scratching my head on these gimabls for Vision

Reaction score
Drone expert's gimbal looks great and of course there are a few different ones. I dont want a $100 dollar peice of crap and I dont want to lay out $600 u.s. dollars because thats Half the price of the vision copter for a gimbal.

Any thoughts of names of a middle of the line gimbal that people are using.
Please no "What-if's" or "Or I think this one" awnsers, I think we all need to hear hard facts on gimbal, mounting, syncing, quality and PRICE.............WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY USING AND WHY DO YOU LIKE IT?

osen007 said:
Drone expert's gimbal looks great and of course there are a few different ones. I dont want a $100 dollar peice of crap and I dont want to lay out $600 u.s. dollars because thats Half the price of the vision copter for a gimbal.

Please no "What-if's" or "Or I think this one" awnsers, I think we all need to hear hard facts on gimbal, mounting, syncing, quality and PRICE.............WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY USING AND WHY DO YOU LIKE IT?

without breaking the bank and without spending money on a piece of poo like i have recently done, i would recommend the taco-rc gimbal.

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-36/3 ... unt/Detail

tizzl10 said:
osen007 said:

without breaking the bank and without spending money on a piece of poo like i have recently done, i would recommend the taco-rc gimbal.

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-36/3 ... unt/Detail

+1

osen007 said:

forgot to answer the rest of your question.. the reason why i like it is because its available. i dont have to wait for 3 Easter's for the thing to show up at my door. It's relatively cheap compared to the upper end, have yet to ship out gimbals. Now, it takes a bit of tinkering to get it working perfectly, but that's part of the fun in learning how these devices work.

I ordered the taco rc plug and play 2 days ago...

Cool I will look into it, Im going to florida the next 5 days and when I get back Ill read this forum see what else.. thanks so for.

I have a Rotorpixel. I have sample footage on my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen This is not a comparative review as I have no experience with other gimbals. I won't be knocking anyone else's products because I do not have them in hand to test. From my experience I would recommend this gimbal.

It's currently on pre-order, so not available for immediate delivery. The company have stated they are in a position where they are about to ramp production, but a realistic delivery time if you place your order now is 8 weeks (could be sooner if they hit the 100 gimbals per week assembly target ahead of schedule). It costs $389. I had one of the first couple of pre-orders in February and have had it for just over 2 weeks.

I bought it for the following reasons:

Construction - mainly metal which will take a beating. The camera holder is high-quality industrial 3d printed and will be sacrificial in a crash but the rest of the gimbal will survive pretty much unscathed as there is no structural plastic;
Mounting - I preferred a hanging mounting point over any other option as I felt it would isolate more vibration more effectively;
Damping - adjustable damping to allow for different aircraft setups;
Controller - a genuine SimpleBGC controller board approved by SimpleBGC;
Upgradeable - a third-axis retro-fit kit will be made available to allow yaw stabilisation;
Portable - if you get a new aircraft this gimbal will come with you as they will have mounts for GoPro and other cameras - it's not tied to the Vision platform. It uses powerful motors that will handle weightier cameras than the Vision's;
Filters - the camera mount means the lens filter kit can be used without modification.

In use I like it for the following reasons:

For me, it was true plug-and-play - no soldering, no settings required changing, once the sweet spot on the damper adjustment was found it just worked;
Efficient on power - despite being heavier than plastic gimbals I get 17 minutes of flight time on a standard flight (verified by Flytrex data);
Fits in my flight case without any issue - the camera can be removed very quickly if required and the gimbal itself remains within the Vision legs;
Wide range of movement - in gusty conditions it has a large range of travel to enable the camera to stay level despite large corrective movements of the aircraft;
It still allows me to keep my preferred Flytrex mount point on the underside of the airframe;
It looks good on the aircraft! :)

Hope that's useful. As I said, it's not comparative because I have not flown every other gimbal out there.

Pull_Up said:
I have a Rotorpixel. I have sample footage on my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen This is not a comparative review as I have no experience with other gimbals. I won't be knocking anyone else's products because I do not have them in hand to test. From my experience I would recommend this gimbal.

It's currently on pre-order, so not available for immediate delivery. The company have stated they are in a position where they are about to ramp production, but a realistic delivery time if you place your order now is 8 weeks (could be sooner if they hit the 100 gimbals per week assembly target ahead of schedule). It costs $389. I had one of the first couple of pre-orders in February and have had it for just over 2 weeks.

I bought it for the following reasons:

Construction - mainly metal which will take a beating. The camera holder is high-quality industrial 3d printed and will be sacrificial in a crash but the rest of the gimbal will survive pretty much unscathed as there is no structural plastic;
Mounting - I preferred a hanging mounting point over any other option as I felt it would isolate more vibration more effectively;
Damping - adjustable damping to allow for different aircraft setups;
Controller - a genuine SimpleBGC controller board approved by SimpleBGC;
Upgradeable - a third-axis retro-fit kit will be made available to allow yaw stabilisation;
Portable - if you get a new aircraft this gimbal will come with you as they will have mounts for GoPro and other cameras - it's not tied to the Vision platform. It uses powerful motors that will handle weightier cameras than the Vision's;
Filters - the camera mount means the lens filter kit can be used without modification.

In use I like it for the following reasons:

For me, it was true plug-and-play - no soldering, no settings required changing, once the sweet spot on the damper adjustment was found it just worked;
Efficient on power - despite being heavier than plastic gimbals I get 17 minutes of flight time on a standard flight (verified by Flytrex data);
Fits in my flight case without any issue - the camera can be removed very quickly if required and the gimbal itself remains within the Vision legs;
Wide range of movement - in gusty conditions it has a large range of travel to enable the camera to stay level despite large corrective movements of the aircraft;
It still allows me to keep my preferred Flytrex mount point on the underside of the airframe;
It looks good on the aircraft! :)

Hope that's useful. As I said, it's not comparative because I have not flown every other gimbal out there.

Ya I'm going to buy the one u have pull up, it seems you comment on a lot of posts so u would know what you talking about thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20