Science Project - Weather Station

Reaction score
Hi -

I am a student in middle school, and would like to use my DJI as a science project. I would like to make a weather station and attach this to the DJI to measure Altitude, Humidity, and Temperature. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good approach to using an Arduino to accomplish this. I have a DJI Phantom.

Thank you -
Connor

Sorry I don't have the expertise to help you. You might want to describe a bit more about your project and about how you are thinking of using the Arduino on the Phantom so that others might have some ideas to contribute.

However, I wanted to be sure to encourage your creative explorations in using the Phantom for your weather project! Could be a really good tool to be able to use in conjunction with the radar data that you can access online as well.

Good luck with this and keep the forum posted on your findings and results.

You can get a lot of that info from the Flytrex core data logger; just not in real time.

Texas Instruments used to sell sample Launch Pad experimenter kits for around $4.00 each, and they showed great promise for proto typing.

There are some Oregon Scientific and other weather stations that use a wireless remote to send data to the display unit - some have computer logging. I think most of these are in the 400 MHz frequency range, and send data bursts, so it should not interfere with your control

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers