school me on dronebase prep please

Reaction score
for the few of you who work with dronebase i would like to get a sort of checklist on what do i need to have before venturing out like insurance, commercial lic and what else ??? so far i had only register my drone for recreational use and planing on getting insurance sometime next month ... thanks in advance ....
gotta get money to support this hobby from somewhere ;-)

for the few of you who work with dronebase i would like to get a sort of checklist on what do i need to have before venturing out like insurance, commercial lic and what else ??? so far i had only register my drone for recreational use and planing on getting insurance sometime next month ... thanks in advance ....
gotta get money to support this hobby from somewhere ;-)

...first, get your FAA part 107 certification...can't work without it.

Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)

When you're ready to fly commercially, use Verifly.com for insurance.

Verifly can get pricey if you're planning on flying short missions in multiple areas as the insurance is for a very small specified location as well as time. If you're planning on using it for pano missions around town, you'd be looking at a minumum of $10 per mission if they're outside of the insured location of the previous.

I tried to shoot a couple of commercial properties in my area. In both cases, there was no parking allowed on any of the nearby streets, and the only option would have been to launch my Phantom from another nearby business's parking lot. That was something that I was not comfortable with.

Get the FAA Part 107 certification (required) and insurance. I use Verifly, but it can get pricey if you have several projects in different areas. Verifly also charges extra if flying in certain areas; ie, near a stadium, in Class E airspace even with an authorization, etc. I was charged $25 for $1M in coverage for 1 hour because I was near a stadium, even though I had permission and no events were going on. I did one Client Mission for DroneBase. It went very well and was paid the next day. However, uploading the required 4K video and photo files (9GB total) to DroneBase was a nightmare. Don't even try unless you have very high speed internet and it still takes hours! I tried two of the speculative Pano Missions but DroneBase rejected both. I shoot with the Mavic Pro that has a more limited field of view so DroneBase requires three different pano spins at 30°, 60° and 90°. DroneBase said they couldn't stitch all the pano shots together so I was rejected. Perhaps a Phantom would be better as only two pano spins are required 45° and 90°. Also, some of the properties on the DroneBase map are no longer for sale so don't waste time on those. Be very cautious if there is not a for sale sign on the property. I plan to keep trying with DroneBase.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl