scared

I've had mine about a month and have flown it about 30 times. But it wasn't until the last flight I had the nerve to take it up to 300 feet and out to 1000 feet ( where it gets too small to see). Like everyone says, keep it close at first, learn how it behaves, and know how to bring it home. The best thing about a Phantom is that if you do nothing it will hover in place while you figure out what to do next, so don't panic!

The 'let go' of everything also applies to most light aircraft too. OK it won't hover but it will do its best to return to straight and level flight. PS this doesn't work in the case of the Robinson R22 or R44 helis :)

Reactions: Sesmith016
first instrument flight, and when I looked up, and couldn't see where it was got my heart racing. sun glare had it completely hidden. Just continued flying towards me and to it's left and it showed up in the sky again.

I think I'm ready, as soon as I get a decent weather day I will take her up. Thanks everyone for their advice.

just follow a pre-flight checklist and don't be stupid about it and you'll be fine.

I used to go all weak in the knees whenever it went above about 20 meters but you just get used to it.

Keep it line of sight and not in super high winds and you'll be fine.

I just did my first 500 meter flight over water - Im growing too!
my first rc seaplane over water was also my first time hiring a scuba diver to find it under the water. But it made me learn to dive myself for next time.
For some reason the town pool is still full, so might buzz it tomorrow if the rain lets up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik