Scared S***less !

Get out there and enjoy that thing! Be careful. Don't show off. Pay attention. Learn the technology. Buy a $40 Hubsan X4 to practice with and fly inside when the weather is bad. Have fun.

RedRyderMedia said:
I agree with the recommendation to find a large open field. That means a BIG OPEN FIELD!!

Here is the checklist I go through EVERY TIME I FLY. I HAVE THE ABBREVIATED VERSION TAPED TO THE TOP OF MY Tx.

Here goes:

Phantom 2 Vision +

Pre-flight Check
Check condition of all 4 props
Check motors turn freely
WARNING:AVOID PROP WASH! DO NOT DESCEND STRAIGHT DOWN, MOVE FORWARDS OR SIDEWAYS WHEN DESCENDING. PROP WASH WILL CAUSE YOUR PHANTOM TO FLUTTER THEN FALL!

Start Sequence
(Do a compass cal if necessary. NOT EVERY TIME! Just when in a MUCH different location)

Check/install Micro SD Card
Install flight battery
Remove camera lens cover and gimbal clamp
P2V+ on ground facing forward (battery facing you)
S1 and S2 in the topmost positions

Power on the Controller first
Power on Range Extender. Flashing green System = On/Good
Power on P2V+ by pressing, releasing, press & hold 2 sec on P2V+ flight battery. Verify full charge.

NOW WATCH THE FLIGHT LEDs at rear of P2V+ (small mirror on ground helps you see LEDs)

Slow flashing yellow while acquiring satellites. This may take a minute or more sometimes!
WAIT FOR fast flashing green indicating >= 6 satellites. Do not fly without 6 satellites!
WAIT FOR slow flashing green = home position established, ready to fly. Do not fly without home position!
(If you're uncertain about achieving a home position, reset by rapid switching (5X) of S2 from position 1 to 3 to 1. You will know it got another home position because the lights will flash rapid green then return to slow green.)

Find Phantom WiFi on iPad/iPhone in App

Go to Find My Phantom. As your Phantom starts searching for satellites and locating itself you should see a red pin on the map where exactly the Phantom thinks it is via its GPS. This verifies home location which will be set at takeoff.

Start video recording if desired

Perform the CSC to start motors, and take off quickly to hover position about 15 FT up to avoid dust.

Allow the Phantom to hover and watch iOSD display to confirm the number of satellites.
I fly the Phantom out a short distance. If you monitor on Find My Phantom, you will see the Red Pin move in relationship to the home position. I think this is the best confirmation you can have of where your home position is located. If for any reason it is not where you're currently standing, LAND THE PHANTOM until you determine why.

Flight Basics

Turn Phantom with left stick and always fly Red LEDs forward.

Shutdown Sequence

Perform CSC to stop motors

End video record (video won't play later if you don't)

Power off Flight Battery

Power off Range Extender

Power off Tx

Turn off iPad/iPhone

Phantom 2 Vision +

Pre-flight Check
Check 4 props
Check motors
AVOID PROP WASH

Start Sequence
Compass S1 5X
Horizontal until Green
Nose down flash

Check Micro SD Card
Lens cover/gimbal clamp
S1& S2 top positions

Power Controller first
Power Range Extender
Flashing green = On/Good
Power P2V+
Slow flashing yellow
Fast green>= 6
Slow green = home

Phantom WiFi
Find My Phantom
Verify Home

Start video recording
Perform the CSC

Flight Basics
Fly Red first

Shutdown Sequence
CSC stops motors
End video record
Flight Battery Off
Range Extender Off
Controller Off
iPad/iPhone Off

296 posts so newbies reading you're advice will think you are an expert so why o why are you telling them to use CSC to shut down the motors :shock: left stick all the way down and hold till motors shut down NOT CSC :roll:

Madwak said:
296 posts so newbies reading you're advice will think you are an expert so why o why are you telling them to use CSC to shut down the motors :shock: left stick all the way down and hold till motors shut down NOT CSC :roll:
I didn't know I had 296 posts. For the record, I consider myself still learning, but willing to offer help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 366

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20