Scared for my life... Physically

Awesome... I met another person on here who is from Greenwich. He just joined and I sent him a message and waiting for a reply. I'm heading to Greenwich on Monday to film the cutty Sark. You up for that? And I will teach you how to ride the electric unicycle too..will make traveling much more fun :)

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I work through the week and have 3 years old twins, so can be difficult if not a weekend!
Will stay in touch though, as would like to fly with others.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I fail to see a reason to be scared for ones life.

Did they pull a knife, or attempt to physically restrain you in some way? Maybe carrying a bat or pipe in a threatening manner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neon Euc
Missed opportunity to inform your complainants what the hobby is about. I have invited them up to me to view the screen and show them that at 100 ft, I am unable to make people out and surely couldn't take photo or videos that would compete with paparazzi. I have offered to provide aerial pictures of their home or neighborhood. Eases tension of the demon drone spying on them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jryser and Neon Euc
I'm in East London, would love to meet up if you were ever around! Don't generally get the best reaction from people around here, would be good to fly with somebody else!

Today I had a scary moment... There I was practising lowering my drone near buildings where I live... Makes perfect sense....if I lose control it's local to where I am so I can pick it up.... Good idea right?... Well...... I done that and two women approached me... One had a really bad attitude... I thought she was going to punch me... Bear in mind I am a 36 year old guy.... But I have sclerosis (part of multi sclerosis, weak bones, arthritis, damaged spine and a metal plate in my hip and leg) what chances do I have with two furious women ??? I was mature and apologies ever so much....test...she was giving attitude.... They eventually walked off.... I agree that I hovered way to low to where they are.... Their argument is that I was invading their privacy... I agree 100% ....... But it scared me...they had no idea of my illness, they had no idea that my intention was pure skill related to see how near I can get to a building ..... It was the only thing I was practising... Better to crash and recover your phantom local then somewhere you don't know right? Inside I was fuming when I got home... "Who the hell do they think they are that can tell me they OWN THE SKY" .......if they came up to me politely and explained it would be fine.... But to come up to me with aggression..... Not called for... It eats me up.... I feel I should fly over and hover above them... Just to say F**K YOU for coming up to a disabled person and giving attitude thinking you know best... But at the same time.... Emotionally and mentally.... It's killing me... Knowing I should have stuck up for myself.... I don't want to cause trouble in my own area...but at the same time... I do t want them to think they won over treating behaviour.... The mature feeling inside me says that I walked away calm... And they walked away being the bullying ba**ard ..... But.... Part of me think I should have stuck up for myself.... I have been bullied so many times by women and left a job, and a relationship because of it.... I can't say how much tears I am in right now writing this.... But here is the only safe place I feel. Did I do the right thing? Should I fight back and show them they can't bully me and fly over their place out of principle, let it go thinking they won and have to travel else where to fly? I really dont know what to do.. I really need advice xxxx

You met a couple of people who were expressing their fear, based on ignorance. You will also meet the other ones. My last flight I actually had a couple ask me if I would mind if they watched for a minute - they were thinking of ME and whether their attention might bother me! Still a newbie and I try to fly where there are few or no people around as I still find it distracting. So far, all I have met find it COOL! Sooner or later I will meet the other kind, just remember they are ignorant, try to help them understand and/or walk away - you apologized! Its not about 'winning' an argument or anything:)

Today I had a scary moment... There I was practising lowering my drone near buildings where I live... Makes perfect sense....if I lose control it's local to where I am so I can pick it up.... Good idea right?... Well...... I done that and two women approached me... One had a really bad attitude... I thought she was going to punch me... Bear in mind I am a 36 year old guy.... But I have sclerosis (part of multi sclerosis, weak bones, arthritis, damaged spine and a metal plate in my hip and leg) what chances do I have with two furious women ??? I was mature and apologies ever so much....test...she was giving attitude.... They eventually walked off.... I agree that I hovered way to low to where they are.... Their argument is that I was invading their privacy... I agree 100% ....... But it scared me...they had no idea of my illness, they had no idea that my intention was pure skill related to see how near I can get to a building ..... It was the only thing I was practising... Better to crash and recover your phantom local then somewhere you don't know right? Inside I was fuming when I got home... "Who the hell do they think they are that can tell me they OWN THE SKY" .......if they came up to me politely and explained it would be fine.... But to come up to me with aggression..... Not called for... It eats me up.... I feel I should fly over and hover above them... Just to say F**K YOU for coming up to a disabled person and giving attitude thinking you know best... But at the same time.... Emotionally and mentally.... It's killing me... Knowing I should have stuck up for myself.... I don't want to cause trouble in my own area...but at the same time... I do t want them to think they won over treating behaviour.... The mature feeling inside me says that I walked away calm... And they walked away being the bullying ba**ard ..... But.... Part of me think I should have stuck up for myself.... I have been bullied so many times by women and left a job, and a relationship because of it.... I can't say how much tears I am in right now writing this.... But here is the only safe place I feel. Did I do the right thing? Should I fight back and show them they can't bully me and fly over their place out of principle, let it go thinking they won and have to travel else where to fly? I really dont know what to do.. I really need advice xxxx

File a bullying complaint with the police. They won't do anything unless you have to make subsequent reports about them. Good to have a file on them just in case.

Is that a real thing?
It is in Canada. Threat complaints as well. Police won't do anything unless it escalates to violence but then there will at least be a victims file if they have to deal with that. You have to make the first complaint in person.
Plus with your medical condition You'd be on a priority list if you ever phoned the next incident in on 911 because you feared injury.

I understand what you mean... for me if they do give any more hassle then I would have to. for now I don't want to open a can of worms.... sooner or later I will have to walk past them again, it doesn't bother me at all if I hear them putting me down with petty comments.. I can easily brush that off :)

It is in Canada. Threat complaints as well. Police won't do anything unless it escalates to violence but then there will at least be a victims file if they have to deal with that. You have to make the first complaint in person.
Plus with your medical condition You'd be on a priority list if you ever phoned the next incident in on 911 because you feared injury.

that's very very true.... I am happy to leave it for the moment... if I see them again and nothing happens then I will be happy that it's all done and dusted. but if I report and the police follow them up... it could make it worse... but for now.... I will just fly elsewhere... that way I can enjoy my new hobby without worrying about them being petty and starting anything. it's a shame that certain people will happily make other people's life a misery through bullying. but to me..... it made me realise that actually their is more then my usual place I can fly.... I live in London so I have plenty of historical landmarks to capture... so it worked out well eventually :)

You met a couple of people who were expressing their fear, based on ignorance. You will also meet the other ones. My last flight I actually had a couple ask me if I would mind if they watched for a minute - they were thinking of ME and whether their attention might bother me! Still a newbie and I try to fly where there are few or no people around as I still find it distracting. So far, all I have met find it COOL! Sooner or later I will meet the other kind, just remember they are ignorant, try to help them understand and/or walk away - you apologized! Its not about 'winning' an argument or anything:)
well said... I hope you and the other friends on here will never be confronted in that situation. that was my first and hopefully my last. but one day they will push someone else to far.. and well... it wont end nicely for them. so I will just let karma take over from here :)

I fail to see a reason to be scared for ones life.

Did they pull a knife, or attempt to physically restrain you in some way? Maybe carrying a bat or pipe in a threatening manner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
basically where I am it's a rough crowed. and being out numbered is scary enough, not only that but I know that these two people hang around with guys built like machines with muscle power and bad attitudes. and also seeing about 15-20 youths all gathering together in the back ground....well.... pretty frightening... they didn't know the two people starting on me thankfully... but at the time.. I had no idea

Missed opportunity to inform your complainants what the hobby is about. I have invited them up to me to view the screen and show them that at 100 ft, I am unable to make people out and surely couldn't take photo or videos that would compete with paparazzi. I have offered to provide aerial pictures of their home or neighborhood. Eases tension of the demon drone spying on them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would happily have done the same but they just sadly went into a verbal rant and really had it in for me. if they were calm and polite I would even let them have a go on the drone.... but the way they were.... I think they would have wanted to smash it if anything

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20