Saying Hi and a quick question/s

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Frank and I am from England, the place where we drive on the proper side of the road. :)

Anyway I have had a good look around on this forum. Some good advice and knowledgeable guys on here. I took a brief look at the classifieds on here and one guy there who is selling said his was the latest model. It had thicker body etc. Are there a different body 'types'? Did they find the earlier p3p cracking at screw points etc (yes been reading up on this) and decided to change things? Just curious as this is the first time I have heard about different body shells. Going to treat myself to my first P3P soon so thought id better check this out first.

My other question is regarding software updates. Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI I assume 'firmware' updates is the same as software updates? I believe they brought out new functions in December? I.E Follow Me, Waypoints, etc so are the new functions included in the 'firmware' or am I looking in the wrong place?

Looking forward to some interesting chats. Oh one last thing, anyone else on here from UK? Just curious.

Hi all. My name is Frank and I am from England, the place where we drive on the proper side of the road. :)

Anyway I have had a good look around on this forum. Some good advice and knowledgeable guys on here. I took a brief look at the classifieds on here and one guy there who is selling said his was the latest model. It had thicker body etc. Are there a different body 'types'? Did they find the earlier p3p cracking at screw points etc (yes been reading up on this) and decided to change things? Just curious as this is the first time I have heard about different body shells. Going to treat myself to my first P3P soon so thought id better check this out first.

My other question is regarding software updates. Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI I assume 'firmware' updates is the same as software updates? I believe they brought out new functions in December? I.E Follow Me, Waypoints, etc so are the new functions included in the 'firmware' or am I looking in the wrong place?

Looking forward to some interesting chats. Oh one last thing, anyone else on here from UK? Just curious.

Yes ... it doesn't quite sound right but firmware is software.
Some P3s early on had an issue with cracking but most didn't.
DJi are always tight-lipped so we have to work things out from what evidence we see.
It appears that they have sorted it out now.

Hi Frankc,

Haven't been here long myself, but I'm also from England, the rainy bit at the top where we don't drive on either side of the road anymore, we just paddle boats down the middle!

I think Meta4 answered your questions so all I wanted to say was you should have a look at the deals from SLRhut when you're ready to get your P3. I got mine a couple of weeks ago, couldn't find anywhere cheaper and it was delivered in 5 days from the states! Latest model with the new motors etc.. I was very impressed.

Just need some decent weather now.....

:) Already on order.

Tell me how on earth do you know if you have the upgraded motors?
Whilst I am asking questions how can you tell which firm/software you have on your Phantom and Controller?
Do you have to upgrade the software a step at a time or can you just jump to the latest. Eg from version 1.2.0 to 1.2.8 to 1.3.0 or go straight to 1.3? (those are not actual versions just examples I made up)
Got any good places for replacement batteries? I think it may be sensible to have a spare or two.

So, I saw a picture on here somewhere that shows the difference between the old and new motors, sorry I don't know how to post it up here but if you paste this ...

http://www.phantompilots.com/attach...dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583/

Into Google you should see it!

You'll see which firmware you're running when you link the controller to the P3, and I think I'm right in saying you can just go straight to the latest when you update.

I got a spare battery in my bundle but also got another just yesterday from a shop on eBay. When you're flying 20 minutes just goes so fast. Could do with four or five really! Just get em wherever is cheapest.

Oh one last thing, anyone else on here from UK? Just curious.

I live in Dorset. Took delivery of my P3S yesterday (the day before DJI started their sale). Good time to buy if you're tempted.

Flew it for the first time today, and was well pleased with it. The camera is so much better than my P2V.

Nice one. Did you update your firm/software before you flew? Oh and where are the pics? :)

Yeah the Go app seems to force you to update the firmware before you can use it fully (I could be wrong but that was how it seemed to me). TBH I would've updated it anyway though, as it's meant to fix the battery issues which have been causing partially charged batteries to shut down in cold conditions (not good).

Pics tomorrow. I need some sleep :)

Reactions: Frankc
Yeah the Go app seems to force you to update the firmware before you can use it fully (I could be wrong but that was how it seemed to me). TBH I would've updated it anyway though, as it's meant to fix the battery issues which have been causing partially charged batteries to shut down in cold conditions (not good).

Pics tomorrow. I need some sleep :)

Sleep? Thats for whimps. I have a kip whilst I am driving, though I do have to rely on screaming passengers to let me know if I am going to hit anything.

Regarding the update I also believe that it incorporates new functions into the device such as Waypoints etc. Updated just before Christmas. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20