Saying Goodbye to My P3A: Advice?

Reaction score
I've owned my P3A for a little over a month. While I really like it, I've seen DJI prices drop significantly on Amazon. That said, I've decided to return it and its carrying case for a full refund. The nice thing about being a Prime member is that it's incredibly easy/seamless to return things. I plan on using this money to apply towards something else.

If you were in this position, what would you buy (assuming it's a new drone). I'm leaning towards the P4 (it's now $999), but thought I'd see what you guys thought. Advice/suggestions appreciated!

Amazon accepts returns regardless (within 30 days). DJI isn't involved in the process.

DJI Refurbished Product FAQ

Q1. What are DJI refurbished products?
The products sent back by customers within seven days after he/she confirms receipt will be strictly examined, refurbished and repackaged, and sold as DJI refurbished products. Currently offered DJI refurbished products include the Phantom 3 Standard/Advanced/Professional

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am not sure exactly why but this bothers me. You buy something. ..agree to the price at the time.....use it. And then the company has a sale on another product and you want to return it for full credit. They may be nice and accept returns but unless the unit is defective, I would have to say you are stuck with it. My brother used to buy something only to play with it for awhile with no intention of keeping it and then return it. That always bothered me. I have never done that. Even Walmart put a stop to numerous returns from some people. I have know people to buy an item only to rob it of parts. My brother returned a Garmin GPS unit with his older unit in the new box and they never checked and he got the newer updated model. That's just wrong in my opinion. He lost a lot of my respect. I knew a guy that would go to a big box store looking at drills. Switch good drills in cheap drill boxes and put box in the back of shelf and come the next day to buy a good drill in a cheap box. That crap stopped when they started putting the readers inside the drill itself.

So you bought something, used it, saw the price drop and now you want your money back?? Do I have that right?!
No, you don't have that right. When I bought my P3A back in October, the prices had not yet come down on the P3A, P3P and P4. Because I bought through Amazon, they offer a 30 day "guaranteed" return policy. One of the options when returning an item is to select "I found a better price". I'm not demanding my money back at. I'm returning the drone in order to get Amazon credit/gift card to apply towards a P4.

I simply observed a significant price drop in the industry, and want to apply my original purchase amount to something better (and slightly more expensive).

I am not sure exactly why but this bothers me. You buy something. ..agree to the price at the time.....use it. And then the company has a sale on another product and you want to return it for full credit. They may be nice and accept returns but unless the unit is defective, I would have to say you are stuck with it. My brother used to buy something only to play with it for awhile with no intention of keeping it and then return it. That always bothered me. I have never done that. Even Walmart put a stop to numerous returns from some people. I have know people to buy an item only to rob it of parts. My brother returned a Garmin GPS unit with his older unit in the new box and they never checked and he got the newer updated model. That's just wrong in my opinion. He lost a lot of my respect. I knew a guy that would go to a big box store looking at drills. Switch good drills in cheap drill boxes and put box in the back of shelf and come the next day to buy a good drill in a cheap box. That crap stopped when they started putting the readers inside the drill itself.
You're sharing examples/stories of people that I share nothing in common with. If anything, this return only indicates that Amazon will get more of my money. Like it or not, this is a policy set in place by arguably the largest online commercial shopping company in the world.

Sharing stories of dishonest people doing careless things is of no interest to me. I'm not one of those people, and I can't think of another situation where I've returned something expensive in order to buy something else. You are of course entitled to a difference of opinion. Maybe you should be an advocate for "integrity" at local chain stores near KC.

No, you don't hadon't that right. When I bought my P3A back in October, the prices had not yet come down on the P3A, P3P and P4. Because I bought through Amazon, they offer a 30 day "guaranteed" return policy. One of the options when returning an item is to select "I found a better price". I'm not demanding my money back at. I'm returning the drone in order to get Amazon credit/gift card to apply towards a P4.

I simply observed a significant price drop in the industry, and want to apply my original purchase amount to something better (and slightly more expensive).
I understand Amazon accepting the I FOUND A BETTER PRICE thing. I don't think they mean for you to go out and use it. If you returned it unused as you received it, I may do the same....but that's not what happened.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I've owned my P3A for a little over a month. While I really like it, I've seen DJI prices drop significantly on Amazon. That said, I've decided to return it and its carrying case for a full refund. The nice thing about being a Prime member is that it's incredibly easy/seamless to return things. I plan on using this money to apply towards something else.

If you were in this position, what would you buy (assuming it's a new drone). I'm leaning towards the P4 (it's now $999), but thought I'd see what you guys thought. Advice/suggestions appreciated!

Probably recommend this p4, seems to be right within your budget.

There is a guy in my office that buys stuff for his vacations at Costco, uses it, then returns it all when he returns from vacation.

That kind of abuse increases my cost of shopping there, and has led them to restrict returns on TV's and computers, and shareholders are pushing to do this on everything. That would erode the usefulness of a Costco membership for the legitimate use of their great return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
No, you don't have that right. When I bought my P3A back in October, the prices had not yet come down on the P3A, P3P and P4. Because I bought through Amazon, they offer a 30 day "guaranteed" return policy. One of the options when returning an item is to select "I found a better price". I'm not demanding my money back at. I'm returning the drone in order to get Amazon credit/gift card to apply towards a P4.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying. But according to your original post you said you have had it and played with it for over a month so I think your 30 day Amazon "guarantee" might not cover you to upgrade to a newer model. Maybe they have a "buyer remorse" option you could use?

By the way just because the price drops several weeks after you willing bought and paid for it doesn't mean you should get to get all your money back, unless the vendor offers some sort of price protection. Maybe Amazon does? Just seems crazy to me that you can buy something, use it and then return it when there is nothing wrong other then fact you see something newer and shiner. If this was the case no one would ever have a sale.

Man, I can see how this can turn ugly real quick. I have shopped at COSTCO for years and at least here in Phoenix AZ their policy has changed drastically due to people using stuff such as TV's for Super Bowl Sunday and bringing it back the following week.

So I think we have three types of returners

Product does not do what the box states it should do, I want my money back! I am good with this.

Product broke during normal use and I either want a replacement to give one more try, or possibly upgrade to a better unit, or maybe money back because selection is poor! I am good with this.

I brought home product, used it, love it and nothing is wrong with it. But the Super Bowl is over AND if I don't take the TV back I wont be able to pay my rent or mortgage! I cannot stand and have a real hard time expressing my thoughts on this.

I brought home product, used it, love it and nothing is wrong with it. Oh, well the prices of these products came down due to the hottest time of year to shop. So now I am taking it back to get a better unit! This one I find hard to swallow.

I get what the OP is saying in a sense. He is not technically just getting his money back after enjoying the product he purchased. He is in a sense upgrading to a better drone for the same price or just a tad more. I get it, and trust me when I say that I am speaking for myself here. There has been times where this has happened to me and I too felt the same way, BUMMED. However, I never pulled the trigger and returned a product to simply upgrade due to prices dropping.

So here is Wishbones final thought on this Topic and to the OP. I am not one to cast judgement as I am in no place to do so. WE all make mistakes and nobody is perfect. I am sure the OP did not see his thread to become a hot topic of Integrity or lack there of.

So Amazon's policy is in fact in place and the OP is only doing what is technically allowed by the Company. And we all know Amazon is not hurting in anyway, and possibly they already know how a policy like this affects their bottom dollar in making the company the number one online retailer in the WORLD.

So go on with your bad self OP. My 2 cents, get the Drone you feel will work BEST for you and what you will use it for, because at the end of the day, if you buy the best drone with all the latest gadgets that you never use what is the point in buying it?

WISHBONE OUT!

Reactions: Goldsaum82
2, post: 1000881, member: 67740"]I've owned my P3A for a little over a month. While I really like it, I've seen DJI prices drop significantly on Amazon. That said, I've decided to return it and its carrying case for a full refund. The nice thing about being a Prime member is that it's incredibly easy/seamless to return things. I plan on using this money to apply towards something else.

If you were in this position, what would you buy (assuming it's a new drone). I'm leaning towards the P4 (it's now $999), but thought I'd see what you guys thought. Advice/suggestions appreciated![/QUOTE]
As you have had I

As you say, you've had it for a little over a month so Amazon will probably not accept it as a return...as it is no longer within their 30 day returns policy.

IMHO the OP should have skipped the Amazon return comments and just asked for advice on a new phantom.
Having said that, one of the reasons Amazon asks for reason for return is "better price available". The liberal return policy is one of the perks for paying $99/yr for prime.
Advice for next purchase, get the best phantom you can afford.

Sent from my XT1575 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Prices will always fluctuate...I would be vert surprised if Dji gave you a refund on that basis alone.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess my first thoughts would be"why bother?" You stated that you like your A, so what does a 4 offer that you really 'need'? Unless you are one of those people who constantly have to have the latest and, arguably, the greatest version of something (iPhone owners are what keeps Apple in the money!), just keep flying. I seriously doubt that in a month you have even scratched the surface of all that the A is capable of nor have your piloting skills matured significantly.

After further consideration, I've decided to hold on to my P3A for a while. I've never been one that "needs" to have the latest tech. After all, I'm still using my iPhone 6 plus, and can't imagine needing anything newer until it craps out.

As for the P4, I still planning on getting one within the next 6 months. Between my P3 4K and P3A, I have more than enough to enjoy right now. I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions. Regards

I am blown away at this thread. I am glad he was able to do what he did. Once the mavic came out prices started to tank. He was able to return within the store he purchased it from in the return window and reason. I just returned a 40' sony tv to walmart 69 days after I bought it. My reason? I don't watch it enough. I will sleep just fine tonight and you know what? Someone gets that t.v cheaper now. God bless you, man, that was able to do something that someone else on here couldn't so it bothers them. Get the p4p. Its my next bird this spring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31