"Say it ain't Soooooo,....."

Reaction score
Who knew?,.. Out practicing flying my Scorpion I in F Mode,..doing POI, etc. Also, had Camera in FPV, Video Mode.
Weatherman said breezes of just 6mph. What he did NOT say, -found out later,-wind gusts aloft to 30mph.
So, I am havng a lot of fun,..but fighting wind at higher alt. Suddenly, the Scorpion I took off toward a big tree!! Altho I fought for control, the drift & wind took it into a dead tree. Since I was staring smack into the setting sun,..I was blinded. I was SURE the aircraft had dropped straight down into a small pine tree below. Upon further inspection, turns out both trees were surrounded by about a 10-15ft. circle of very large, healthy,thorny bramble bushes. What could I do, with about an hour of daylight left. Kicking & screaming, I spent 50 minutes tromping thru the bramble bushes, & coming out a mess of scratches & blood Even climbed the trees,..finding nothing. My normal spotter was at Jazzercise,..so it was up to me.
It occurred to me to check the RC to see f it was still takng Video,& amazingly, it WAS,
The vid showed the quad upside down, and filming thru tall grass,..NOT in a tree!!
I had braved the thorns for nothing! The quad had bouncd off the tree, and flown about 20 feet away. I found it lying upside down,..and intact!! WOW.
Spent the next 45 min. Pulling thotns out of me!! I counted 50 thorns imbeded in the sole of each tennis shoe. And, since I was wearing a T and shorts,..I don't know how many cuts & scratches I have,
Take whatever you can learn from this,....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31