Saw someone crash, your thoughts?

If you read once again what I wrote, I said I was visiting relatives and saw some people at the area.

If you would review what I wrote, I said we were visiting relatives and saw it was a local RC club near their house. Never did I say "my friend," nor did I imply they were my friend(s). I also have a P3A and not a P4, and that is why I asked about the flight controls, out of curiosity. The gist of the post was if people who have seen crashes also hear people blaming DJI, and not their capabilities or trying to impress others.

I have no reason to even read about, or worry about a P4 because until I save enough money to buy one, there is no need to even worry about it. But either you wanted to assert your knowledge about everyone's "friend" actually being the pilot that crashed. I attached a copy of my P3A for you to see it is still intact.

Rekt.

May he RIP in peace

Reactions: FT in Japan

Its people like this that gives all of us with neon green hair a bad rep.

Probably the first thing you should learn (after realizing its not a good idea to start up inside the house) is the CSC maneuver, which means SHUT OFF. Don't pick up a revved up, out of control Phantom and try to shut it off. I learned the hard way. CSC - It came in handy on my second crash.

IMG_2252.jpg

Reactions: pomonabill220

Its people like this that gives all of us with neon green hair a bad rep.

Probably the first thing you should learn (after realizing its not a good idea to start up inside the house) is the CSC maneuver, which means SHUT OFF. Don't pick up a revved up, out of control Phantom and try to shut it off. I learned the hard way. CSC - It came in handy on my second crash.

View attachment 53098
That is a battle scar brother

In the full size aviation world there is a saying that applies (somewhat)... "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots"

I found a local group of guys flying their birds while we were visiting relatives. One had a Yuneec, 2 had P4's, and a P3A. Off to the side, further down the field, was a guy flying a beginner type QC and was left to himself. There was also some RC planes skirting around. I was just sitting back and didn't have mine at the time, but just watching them.

One of the guys wanted to be the center of attention with his P4, and was "showboating." He was about 100 feet up, flying backwards with the camera facing him. As he passed from his left to his right, and with the camera facing him to get that "fly away video," I noticed he was going faster, and his altitude was descending quickly. Then, it just went into the lawn dart mode and looked like a new gymnast trying do too many backflips, and tripping over an imaginary friend and it was scattering parts everywhere.

Everyone looked as he laid his controller down and he ran over to it. There was nothing to do because this thing was only good for a lawn ornament. He even got irked and kicked it a few more yards. The first thing he yells is; "F***ing DJI piece of crap!!!! They better replace this."

Here are my views was wondering your thoughts. And could I be correct in my assumptions, but I have a P3 and do not have P4, and are still learning to fly. I haven't done any modes like follow me, and will eventually, but I don't do anything stupid until I know I can handle it (if that makes sense.)

> Does the P4 have a CSC, like before when it will shut it down flying in reverse and descending?
> Do you encounter a lot of "showboaters?"
>I understand that DJI has customer service issues from what I have read. However, is it safe to assume that more often than not, many of the pilot error crashes are from doing something like what I saw? It was almost the moment he made it go into "tumble mode," he immediately blamed DJI for the crash.

Thanks...

And that's why people like Hani have a lot of work fixing these things... lots of noobs out there flying this things thinking they are toys...
I smile every time I see some dumb **** crashing a phantom... I know DJI had issues in the past with reliability, but nowadays since the P3, I can venture to say that 95% of the crashes are pilot error.
Lots of people buying this "toys" without even bothering reading the instructions or thinking about the mental aspect of flying a UAV.
Macho attitude, etc (for all the GA pilots out there)...

The problem is most people new to this are not watching the bird they stair at the monitor and never even look up . I would guess that guy did not look up .

I found a local group of guys flying their birds while we were visiting relatives. One had a Yuneec, 2 had P4's, and a P3A. Off to the side, further down the field, was a guy flying a beginner type QC and was left to himself. There was also some RC planes skirting around. I was just sitting back and didn't have mine at the time, but just watching them.

One of the guys wanted to be the center of attention with his P4, and was "showboating." He was about 100 feet up, flying backwards with the camera facing him. As he passed from his left to his right, and with the camera facing him to get that "fly away video," I noticed he was going faster, and his altitude was descending quickly. Then, it just went into the lawn dart mode and looked like a new gymnast trying do too many backflips, and tripping over an imaginary friend and it was scattering parts everywhere.

Everyone looked as he laid his controller down and he ran over to it. There was nothing to do because this thing was only good for a lawn ornament. He even got irked and kicked it a few more yards. The first thing he yells is; "F***ing DJI piece of crap!!!! They better replace this."

Here are my views was wondering your thoughts. And could I be correct in my assumptions, but I have a P3 and do not have P4, and are still learning to fly. I haven't done any modes like follow me, and will eventually, but I don't do anything stupid until I know I can handle it (if that makes sense.)

> Does the P4 have a CSC, like before when it will shut it down flying in reverse and descending?
> Do you encounter a lot of "showboaters?"
>I understand that DJI has customer service issues from what I have read. However, is it safe to assume that more often than not, many of the pilot error crashes are from doing something like what I saw? It was almost the moment he made it go into "tumble mode," he immediately blamed DJI for the crash.

Thanks...
And maybe his name was George ,
George, George, George of the Jungle
Strong as he can be
Watch out for that tree
George, George, George of the Jungle
Lives a life thats free
Watch out for that tree

And that's why people like Hani have a lot of work fixing these things... lots of noobs out there flying this things thinking they are toys...
I smile every time I see some dumb **** crashing a phantom... I know DJI had issues in the past with reliability, but nowadays since the P3, I can venture to say that 95% of the crashes are pilot error.
Lots of people buying this "toys" without even bothering reading the instructions or thinking about the mental aspect of flying a UAV.
Macho attitude, etc (for all the GA pilots out there)...
Please read these Community Guidelines and watch your mouth o_O

exactly
unfortunately a lot of children and teenegers got something from parents and then they have no respect for these gifts
they'll understand only when they make money by their own and buy those things, then they'll have respect
I suppose the guy also got this Phantom from his parents, broke it and after this accident he returned home and maybe he will get Inspire, because Phantom is crap :D
Being a teenager who buys my own things I just wanted to break this (normally true) stigma/stereotype real fast. But you're right, many of the more irresponsible things I've seen done with UAS's are by people I know about my age.

Being a teenager who buys my own things I just wanted to break this (normally true) stigma/stereotype real fast. But you're right, many of the more irresponsible things I've seen done with UAS's are by people I know about my age.
Not just teenagers kandelin .

Not just teenagers kandelin .
I know. That was just in reference to what ferraript said. And what I've seen done doesn't include youtube or anything, just in person stuff.

I know. That was just in reference to what ferraript said. And what I've seen done doesn't include youtube or anything, just in person stuff.
I know it was and glad you have a head on you . All you can do is try and educate those you see buddy .

If you're going to buy a kid a drone buy them a cheap 50.00 dollar one. And like someone said until they know what it takes to make a buck they'll think twice about losing one.

I could not agree more and seems like the guy named, Casey, all over YouTube, is getting all sorts of kudos and flies over people all the time. To me, it is an accident waiting to happen and when it does, another black eye for those of us which don't fly like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj