Saw some kids climbing on a school roof nearby. The P3 seemed to give them a bit of a fright...

Are you allowed to fly over a school or any building like that? Are you allowed to fly over a road with a lot of traffic? Are you simply allowed to fly over a city? Just asking, cause you seem to fly with no stress in a quiet populated area, while I got trolled by a neighbor who called the police when I flew by his house just once. Thankfully he didn't send a complaint but ****, these kind of events can make you paranoid :D

Are you allowed to fly over a school or any building like that? Are you allowed to fly over a road with a lot of traffic? Are you simply allowed to fly over a city? Just asking, cause you seem to fly with no stress in a quiet populated area, while I got trolled by a neighbor who called the police when I flew by his house just once. Thankfully he didn't send a complaint but ****, these kind of events can make you paranoid :D
Yes, he is allowed to do that. Nothing illegal happened in that video other than what the kids were doing.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I fly around a few schools but there are really no people ( during close of school or late in the day) I don't fly over homes and really try to stay away from them, if I do I don't repeatedly fly over them because people feel like their privacy is being disturbed. I have flowed over traffic but at a minimum of traffic and usually out of the city. Try to stay more in rural areas. Most cops I've meant are very cool with my drone and watch me fly LOL

I fly around a few schools but there are really no people ( during close of school or late in the day) I don't fly over homes and really try to stay away from them, if I do I don't repeatedly fly over them because people feel like their privacy is being disturbed. I have flowed over traffic but at a minimum of traffic and usually out of the city. Try to stay more in rural areas. Most cops I've meant are very cool with my drone and watch me fly LOL

Ok bud, and do you know if I was allowed to fly above the street? I was in a small town but with an important amount of houses so lots of people who could have complained. Also, the law says not to fly above any road...

It's hard to say, the main thing is to be safe while flying and obey guidelines, I had the cops come out when I first got my P3P and I was flying it around a subdivision, which I didn't like, even though I was flying 400 feet in height someone complain about they felt they were being photographed, I told the cops the guidelines but also told them I totally understand so now I fly out, I have to drive and sometimes hard to find areas but is a lot less hassle then dealing with people. I know the legislation law did not past here last year on drone laws, so it is still guidelines. If you can fly out and away the better I think you will be, just don't know what kind of area you live in?

Ok bud, and do you know if I was allowed to fly above the street? I was in a small town but with an important amount of houses so lots of people who could have complained. Also, the law says not to fly above any road...
I do fly above roads but then again very very light traffic and out of the city. Maybe someone can chime in with more of what they do.

jim your being a turd. This is great video.
go take your negativity somewhere else.

That was an awesome video. My wife and kids just crowded around me to watch it. We were all so intrigued. The kids were saying, "Will they get caught? What did they do? What's in the bag?" So much fun.

I loved the shots with the long shadows. Very cool. It reminded me of that well known picture of the camels with the long shadows.

Thanks for posting!

Reactions: JoBe and PARK3R
Junior, why is there rust on your britches?

jim your being a turd. This is great video.
go take your negativity somewhere else.

I never said it was not a good video. You know what? I think it is definetely the most interesting and entertaining Phantom video I've seen so far. I was simply sharing my doubts about the law and my (frustrating) experience. I was not being negative in any way. Maybe my intentions writing this message were unclear, if it's the case I'm sorry for that.

Jesus, I get policed almost everywhere I fly now in days and now we even have wanna-be police here on the forum trying to put the smack down on people. It's getting to the point to where all the fun from owning a drone is being sucked out of us.

I do fly above roads but then again very very light traffic and out of the city. Maybe someone can chime in with more of what they do.

Thanks mate!!

Yes, he is allowed to do that. Nothing illegal happened in that video other than what the kids were doing.
Sure bro :D

Jesus, I get policed almost everywhere I fly now in days and now we even have wanna-be police here on the forum trying to put the smack down on people. It's getting to the point to where all the fun from owning a drone is being sucked out of us.

I guess you're adressing this post to me, if yes you totally misunderstood what I tried to say. I'm not a wanna-be police dude, I think I'm the exact opposite of that. I'm clearly not that guy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4