Saw a Typhoon H fly on 5 motors

Looked like it was spinning out of control to me. Maybe I was watching a different video[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

And if it was outta lOS and spinning like that your not gonna be able to make sense outta your fpv view. Just getting dizzy is all[emoji854]

Looked like it was spinning out of control to me. Maybe I was watching a different video[emoji848]

Yep, hovering in place (though spinning) and the. Being commanded lower for a hand catch is totally out of control. Not. Totally out of control is the crash that would have happened to any quad.

And if it was outta lOS and spinning like that your not gonna be able to make sense outta your fpv view. Just getting dizzy is all[emoji854]

Which is why you would use your telemetry and previous flight path to bring it home.

It's obvious that you were not impressed. But the bottom line here is it's a fail safe to help you try to recover your copter from an event that would be certain death without it.

I don't get why you seem to think that everything should be like nothing happened after losing a motor. I believe I read in a different article that the spinning is required to maintain stability. Without the spinning it too would simply crash.

Not saying it's a bad concept or a bad drone...I still want one. I'm just saying that scenario in that video of being able to save it with a hand catch will probably never happened to me or I bet a lot of people on here being that the only time my drone is that close to me flying is like the first 15 seconds of my flight then it's way out there too far to chase for that hand catch[emoji38]

My hex had a prop come lose and it was over 600 meters out,it did a backflip and started to gyrate but I activated RTH and it still came home and landed in one peice.So they will fly long distance with a prop or motor out.
It did not go into the full spin but gyrated and wobbled like a spinning top about to stop and fall over.

Videos I've seen show that the hex can be controlled fairly normally when spinning.It may be a bit twitchy but controlable.
You can test it by putting full stick yaw so the hex spins on it's axis and at the same time use right stick to move any wich way.

Typhoon is pretty awesome. I do want one. I'm just waiting for the DJI response first. If the response is buy an inspire 1. That might be something as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My hex had a prop come lose and it was over 600 meters out,it did a backflip and started to gyrate but I activated RTH and it still came home and landed in one peice.So they will fly long distance with a prop or motor out.
Yes, there's no reason it shouldn't if the craft has a good calibration. One could even put it in IOC Homelock and guide it home.

Ya but that only applies when it's like 100 feet away...how often are we flying in the 100 foot range? Most of us fly further then we can see it so that feature wouldn't help us much..

Actually what was really impressive is that the gimbal more or less kept up with the rotation. Well enough to be able to pilot the drone using FPV. Would be interesting to see how the on board tracking system worked with the problem.

Yes impressive bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GPSMapNut

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers