Saw a fool flying a Phantom over a 4th of July parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My intention of the post was not to direct attention to my wife's misshap, it was merely pointing out that there are irresponsible people everywhere and we don't need to give them so much of our time, don't worry about our hobby, it is here to stay. Btw, went over her fence with a chain saw and took down all the weeds that had grown to the size of a tree!! Weed be gone, wv style!! Which also gives me a better los to fly my p3 now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

WOW how are own government has brainwashed some people into thinking it is sooooooo irresponsible for someone to fly a QUADCOPTER over a special event to take some video or pictures. OMG we drive our 2 to 40 ton vehicles down the road right past pedestrians and don't think nothing about it. Huge jet airliners fly right over our heads every day but no big deal. So your the fool for looking down on someone trying to record a special event with his QUAD. Of course he should of been a lot higher than 15ft.

Hovering right over people and the parade. He was about an 1/8th of a mile away from me and I was going to go say something but he had disappeared by the time I made up my mind to do it. But the fool was about 15 ft above everyone. I wonder how many mishaps there were this weekend and will be. Some without doubt.
Totaly irresponsible an accident waiting to happen its people like that, that give good pilots a bad name

WOW how are own government has brainwashed some people into thinking it is sooooooo irresponsible for someone to fly a QUADCOPTER over a special event to take some video or pictures. OMG we drive our 2 to 40 ton vehicles down the road right past pedestrians and don't think nothing about it. Huge jet airliners fly right over our heads every day but no big deal. So your the fool for looking down on someone trying to record a special event with his QUAD. Of course he should of been a lot higher than 15ft.

Well said. I'll spare anyone who reads this the nausea of paraphrasing your above comments and repeating them. It never ceases to amaze me the people who will chime in and try to teach us all a lesson simply because they have WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON THEIR HANDS.

Hovering right over people and the parade. He was about an 1/8th of a mile away from me and I was going to go say something but he had disappeared by the time I made up my mind to do it. But the fool was about 15 ft above everyone. I wonder how many mishaps there were this weekend and will be. Some without doubt.
what do you think we spend a thousand dollars to do fly in a boring open field .as long as you are in controle and do what your suposed to then its fine more chance a firework will go of in your hand chill out

Well said. I'll spare anyone who reads this the nausea of paraphrasing your above comments and repeating them. It never ceases to amaze me the people who will chime in and try to teach us all a lesson simply because they have WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON THEIR HANDS.
dito

Yes, He absolutely has a point. But, there are irresponsible people in all facets of life, every day! No matter what we say or do, it is not going to change their mentality. All we can do is to be responsible ourselves and take utmost precaution not to do damage to others. Having said that, the sheer nature of what we do can be dangerous to others, we can't all fly in uninhabitable places, we want to take pictures of interesting situations. Just ponder this scenario: you are on the beach, how many low flying planes that drag those big banners do you see?, How many jet skis, how many para gliders or something really innocent, like fishing from the shore line which can and does bring in the bigger fish, namely sharks to feed on the hooked fish. In my opinion any of the above mentioned activities where there are people have potential of causing harm to people. So why are we so outspoken about a person flying their quad where there are people, is it because for the most part there is no trust in consumer drone technology? Well what if that person has absolute trust in his equipment, just because we don't does not make it the truth! Here is a photo of my wife after having brushed against a neighbours Bush that is growing wildly over my back fence, we have on numerous times asked her to trim her crap so that it does not come over to our side, she refuses to do that, the hoa doesn't want to get involved and the police can't do anything. She had to be rushed to hospital as her throat was closing up and she couldn't breathe!! Now tell me if flying my p3 from my back yard is more dangerous than her plants?

390258f2d9b352e229044981b148bc14.jpg
first of all sorry about ur wife that sucks i sugest a vegatation killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl