Saving up for P4P+

Reaction score
I am saving up for a p4p+, I already posted about this on the P3S forum, but should I do it? Is it worth it, and are p4ps glitchy? And how good is the range? Looking forward to feedback, thanks.

I am saving up for a p4p+, I already posted about this on the P3S forum, but should I do it? Is it worth it, and are p4ps glitchy? And how good is the range? Looking forward to feedback, thanks.
You will find loads of information here and I advise you to read up. Note that you will find a lot of issues reported that only affect a few users, or might be user-errors.

Bottom line is that If you need the new camera, the investment is worth it, but otherwise I would look for a cheaper or more portable option. P4p+ does currently not allow 3rd party apps, so if this is something you might need, a plain p4p might be a better investment.

You will find loads of information here and I advise you to read up. Note that you will find a lot of issues reported that only affect a few users, or might be user-errors.

Bottom line is that If you need the new camera, the investment is worth it, but otherwise I would look for a cheaper or more portable option. P4p+ does currently not allow 3rd party apps, so if this is something you might need, a plain p4p might be a better investment.
Third party apps? And the deal breaker with the mavic for me is no light bridge and the p4p has 360 obstacle avoidance, with better battery.

Third party apps? And the deal breaker with the mavic for me is no light bridge and the p4p has 360 obstacle avoidance, with better battery.
3rd party apps include litchi, dronedeploy and others. These are not necessary personally I prefer to have the options.

360 avoidance only work in beginner mode and tripod mode. P modes have rear and front sensors active (and the rear sensors are definitely a big plus compared to Mavic).

If you have already excluded the Mavic, the P4P is one of the few choices left (in the price-range) , and the only if you want the increased sensor-coverage.

3rd party apps include litchi, dronedeploy and others. These are not necessary personally I prefer to have the options.

360 avoidance only work in beginner mode and tripod mode. P modes have rear and front sensors active (and the rear sensors are definitely a big plus compared to Mavic).

If you have already excluded the Mavic, the P4P is one of the few choices left (in the price-range) , and the only if you want the increased sensor-coverage.
Yeah and the phantom 4 pro plus has better battery so it can reach longer ranges then the mavic. And the plus built in screen is sun resistant. But do the side obstacle avoidance really not work in normal flight?

Would you reccomended the mavic or the p4p personally?
The p4p has a much better camera which is the reason I skipped the Mavic. So it all depends on the usage and priorities. I would have loved the portability of the Mavic, though, and hope for a camera-upgrade next generation.

The p4p has a much better camera which is the reason I skipped the Mavic. So it all depends on the usage and priorities. I would have loved the portability of the Mavic, though, and hope for a camera-upgrade next generation.
Well for me, I want the p4p because The of built in sun resistant screen, the extra obstacle avoidance and the wider view. I also want some good range for out of sight flights, and the camera is definitely a plus, as I want to be a photographer and maybe take pictures for real estate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj