Saving Missions

Reaction score
How do you save a mission? What I mean is, you go to a certain site, run a mission and save the waypoints where you can run the exact mission again in the future. I have heard it discussed but can't seem to find the right sequence settings to save the plan.

You can save the waypoint layout as a template but it does not store the waypoint co-ordinates. Therefore, next time you want to use that template you will need to position it as close to previously as before. Shame it does not store exact position using co-ordinates as that would be great for time lapse stuff.

I haven't bought a Phantom yet, but am exploring the software before I do.
In IPad Ground Station you can save Favourites, which appear to always reload at the same coordinates.
I believe they are saved in some DJI cloud and associated with your login.

Does anyone know how to change who IPad Ground Station logs in with?

Trust me, as a Ground Station user, they DO NOT reload at the same co-ordinates. As stated previously, the co-ordinate points ARE NOT saved when you save the template. Only the shape of the waypoints is saved. If you call up the template with the map in a different position on screen, or a different location on screen, it will simply place the waypoint template on top.

klubbnz said:
Does anyone know how to change who IPad Ground Station logs in with?

Tap the 3 dots at top of screen then tap the gear icon (lower right of pop up). Tap on Account then change Username and password as desired.

wattsn said:
Trust me, as a Ground Station user, they DO NOT reload at the same co-ordinates. As stated previously, the co-ordinate points ARE NOT saved when you save the template. Only the shape of the waypoints is saved. If you call up the template with the map in a different position on screen, or a different location on screen, it will simply place the waypoint template on top.

Hi guys

My first post here and I could not resist joining in on this thread because what's being said does not agree with my experiences with DJI Ground Station

I fly the P2 with GS in various locations and when I recall a mission it appears exactly as I set it up. If I recall a mission at home it automatically loads the correct map and the waypoints, route and heights are recalled accurately. I fly repeat missions all the time.

I'm totally puzzled. Am I missing something here? Are we talking about the same thing?

I am flying and referring to DJI Bluetooth Ground Station for iPad. I have flown all the iPad versions and they all operate in the same way. Can I be clear on your terminology. You keep referring to "templates" and on my iPad it stores missions as favourites. I cannot find anything referring to a template. (Correction. I have just looked at my iPad again and I think I can see where you are going wrong. You are selecting the Template button near the bottom on the right. That just stores shapes. You need to store your flight plan by selecting the Star icon underneath. Then you can recall the full flight, waypoints and all my clicking on the 3 dots (top menu R). That will take you to favourites where your flight plan will be stored. (See below)

On the iPad version I select multi-waypoints, I then select favourites where it lists the flights I have stored. I select the flight and click on the arrow (top right). It then loads the correct map and the flight plan. I click GO and it repeats the flight.

Justin

Thinking of getting a GS, downloaded the app and tried saving missions as shown above and it works! Got a question though, what does the search function do? Tried searching for place names and nothing happened.

I think the confusion is between templates and favorites

templates:-store shape

Favorites :-Exact co-ordinates with additional data.

So in short , yes you can store co-ordinates with GS

Yep, confirm it works beautifully, despite my previous ignorance :)

iPad GS has just moved to another level for me :)

andersonpaac said:

This is working for me! Now I can use Google maps for their measuring tool, G Earth to verify elevation of terrain and make my mission at home at my desk before arriving at the LZ. Just completed two missions. First was 1 mile and second was just a little over 2 miles. All saved in the "Favorites" the night before.

Thanks

ChuckMRN said:
andersonpaac said:

This is working for me! Now I can use Google maps for their measuring tool, G Earth to verify elevation of terrain and make my mission at home at my desk before arriving at the LZ. Just completed two missions. First was 1 mile and second was just a little over 2 miles. All saved in the "Favorites" the night before.

Thanks
Can you tell me how you pulled up the elevation profile on Google Earth. Screenshots please

andersonpaac said:
ChuckMRN said:
andersonpaac said:

Thanks
Can you tell me how you pulled up the elevation profile on Google Earth. Screenshots please

Nothing that fancy for me, I just move the mouse from point to point and make sure there are no hills. Or a simple addition or subtraction of elevation at the way points to be sure I have the altitude I need.

Loving GS even more now the favorites have been pointed out. Can't believe I missed that. For the first 2 weeks of use I thought how stupid you can't save missions. So pleased I have been enlightened. Thanks :)

On the iPad version I select multi-waypoints, I then select favourites where it lists the flights I have stored. I select the flight and click on the arrow (top right). It then loads the correct map and the flight plan. I click GO and it repeats the flight./quote]

Thanks Justfloatin !

Awesome !

Great News !

glad to be a part of this forum,,, thank you so much

I'm pleased you guys are now getting the full benefits using the app. It's a powerful tool, just remember to keep an eye on your flight times, battery and altitude settings. As pointed out Google Earth will help you research your missions.

Justin

Just got my GS and flew my first mission, it was one I had been playing around with to practice using waypoints. Just loaded it up from saved missions and away it went. Flew it around in Phantom mode just to make sure everything looked ok then hit the button and away it went. Had everything crossed, buttocks clenched, lucky rabbits foot on standby but it was great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl