Saving a Map

Reaction score
Hi All,

I believe that I read that since the update to DJI Go 4.0.5 that we are now able to store maps in advance. I think I even read someone saving an entire state. However, when I look at the 4.0.5 it appears no different to me than it did with the previous version of the DJI Go application.

If I am incorrect about storing maps in advance please let me know. But if I did read this correctly, can you point me in the right direction so that I can download a map in advance of flying.

Donald Barar

Reactions: MedicFL1
It's in the app DJI GO 4 download, select region, select state and download it. (In app, select the 3 bars on top right, then download map).

Hi M,

I am assuming you mean the splash page where there is a picture of the P4P. On that page there are three bars in the upper right. My options are:

- Flight Records
- Academy
- Store

There are no options to scroll down and obtain and another selection. Where else might I look for the download option?

Donald Barar

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Need to be clear if this is iOS or Android (it should not matter but it makes it more clear). Options on Android are:

Scan QR Code
Academy
Offline Map
Store

Edit: Where the Android app is currently lacking is the ability to choose internal storage or SD card=.

Reactions: DanMan32
Need to be clear if this is iOS or Android (it should not matter but it makes it more clear). Options on Android are:

Scan QR Code
Academy
Offline Map
Store

Edit: Where the Android app is currently lacking is the ability to choose internal storage or SD card=.
For map or video.

Hi All,

Bumping this thread back to the top. I am working with iOS. But still do not see an option to download a map. Does anyone know how to do this or is it even possible with iOS?

Donald Barar

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Hi All,

Bumping this thread back to the top. I am working with iOS. But still do not see an option to download a map. Does anyone know how to do this or is it even possible with iOS?

Donald Barar
Same here Don. I looked last night and cannot find it on my Ipad Air 2 either.

Hi Kevmo,

Thank you for writing and confirming my observations. I am beginning to wonder if downloading a map in advance is an Android option only.

Donald Barar

Last edited:
For the iOS try this:
In the general settings, turn on "Cache Map in Background" then, while on line, view the area in as much detail as needed for your mission. Follow this with turning off the wifi access and you should still have access offline to the area you viewed. In testing, my area of choice was still available after restarting the DJI app.
Here is a pick of the settings.
c95d889876c6847a7da642b6d227a7ca.jpg

Hi Traveler,

Thank you for writing. What you described was map caching that was a feature of previous releases of DJI Go 4. However, with the release of DJI Go 4.0.5 some members of this forum are describing the ability to download maps by state in advance--not map caching.

What I (and now KevMo) are attempting to determine is if the iOS version of DJI Go 4.0.6 has this option.

Cheers,

Donald Barar

For the iOS try this:
In the general settings, turn on "Cache Map in Background" then, while on line, view the area in as much detail as needed for your mission. Follow this with turning off the wifi access and you should still have access offline to the area you viewed. In testing, my area of choice was still available after restarting the DJI app.
Here is a pick of the settings.
c95d889876c6847a7da642b6d227a7ca.jpg
I have this turned on all the time I think even as default it's on. This may be the only to have a map while out in the middle of nowhere with no wifi though. But the only thing cached would be whatever you zeroed in on while you were on wifi right? And then you just review what you looked at basically right?

Hi Traveler,

Thank you for writing. What you described was map caching that was a feature of previous releases of DJI Go 4. However, with the release of DJI Go 4.0.5 some members of this forum are describing the ability to download maps by state in advance--not map caching.

What I (and now KevMo) are attempting to determine is if the iOS version of DJI Go 4.0.6 has this option.

Cheers,

Donald Barar

Understood, and with the limited testing, I can imagine that the difference between a download vs cache would be significant. I'll keep searching. I love the challenge.

I have this turned on all the time I think even as default it's on. This may be the only to have a map while out in the middle of nowhere with no wifi though. But the only thing cached would be whatever you zeroed in on while you were on wifi right? And then you just review what you looked at basically right?

I believe that is correct. In my test I positioned myself far from home and after having a detailed look around, the data was still there after closing and restarting the app. Better than nothing I suppose, but not as desirable as an actual download. Back to the drawing board as they say.

I believe that is correct. In my test I positioned myself far from home and after having a detailed look around, the data was still there after closing and restarting the app. Better than nothing I suppose, but not as desirable as an actual download. Back to the drawing board as they say.
Thanks so much Traveler! I agree!

No, the IOS version does not mention offline map downloading anywhere in the change logs. On my Android devices, I could be wrong but I only seem to see the option on a device that has root access. When I remote root access I no longer have the ability to access that section on Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.