Satellites Galore

Many more sats here too after upgrade from 3.04 to 3.06 (on Mac 10.9.4), also had the feeling the bird was more stable.

Stock I had a max of 3 or max 5 sats on the ground... Then did the "aluminum foil mod" that helped a lot : 6 to 8 sats on the ground. Now, tonight, with 3.06 and the "alu foil mod" I had over 8 on the ground right after start and up to 11 at one point (with more altitude) ! GREAT !

So far love it ! :D

I really don't understand how it is possible to receive better gps coverage even when inside the house with just a firmware update?! How do they do that??

lsteigerwalt said:
Wait a minute, the russians have GPS sats too...lol.
Yes, it's called GLONASS ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLONASS

Fulcanic said:
I really don't understand how it is possible to receive better gps coverage even when inside the house with just a firmware update?! How do they do that??
I was wondering if DJI may have enabled GLONASS (Russian GPS) on the Phantom GPS receiver since 3.06 :?

Note that iPhones are working with GPS and GLONASS (at the same time).

If they have enabled glonass sats too then we should start seeing people get 15-16 sats locked when in the air. I'm surprised if they have done and not even mentioned it.

Helveticus said:
Many more sats here too after upgrade from 3.04 to 3.06 (on Mac 10.9.4), also had the feeling the bird was more stable.

Stock I had a max of 3 or max 5 sats on the ground... Then did the "aluminum foil mod" that helped a lot : 6 to 8 sats on the ground. Now, tonight, with 3.06 and the "alu foil mod" I had over 8 on the ground right after start and up to 11 at one point (with more altitude) ! GREAT !

So far love it ! :D

That is just awesome! It's so nice to such a story take place. I think someone should notify Hollywood and get some movie rights going on this journey. It's kind of like when a blind person gets eye sight for the 1st time.

WyattEarp said:
I routinely get 15 to 20 out of 22 available satelites on my Samsung smartphone.
That probably means that your smartphone is also GLONASS compatible as I don't think that as many sats is possible with GPS only. Sadly, on iPhones/IOS devices, there is no way to "see" how many sats it's hooked to... :evil:

Glonass sats show up as squares on gps status (android) instead of circles for gps. Also they will be numbered 65-96.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20