Satellite Reception

Reaction score
Lately I have noticed a reduction in my satellite reception on my P3A. The first few weeks I was getting upward to 20 satellites, but lately I have been unable to get more than 12-13 at best. I have checked the KP index during those days and it was relatively low. I have been flying in the same area the whole time. Thanks

I usually get from 11 - 15 on any given flight. That's awesome because on my Blade 350QX2 I was lucky to get a solid 7 or 8 regularly.

Lately I have noticed a reduction in my satellite reception on my P3A. The first few weeks I was getting upward to 20 satellites, but lately I have been unable to get more than 12-13 at best. I have checked the KP index during those days and it was relatively low. I have been flying in the same area the whole time. Thanks

You were getting too many.

Some had to be taken and shared with others not so fortunate.

:p

Reactions: nickyb
I've also noticed the same. I was use to getting 17 or so. Now I'm getting 12 or 13

The satellites are more accessible at different times of the day. I have the most early on and then less as the day goes.

Sometimes too much info. is a bad thing.

If you got a GO or No GO on a position fix instead it would be less worrisome, No???

I have seen the recent drop too.

Before on uavforecast it was always 15+ gps now it 7-10 gps

Like one of the other poster mentions. Different sats at different times of the day. There are also planned or unplanned outages of sats. I would bet that if you google it you can find what satellites are available on any given day or time for a specific location.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj