satellite in city

Reaction score
hello everyone so i'm new to Drones i live in Hong Kong and have been heading up to roof tops to do some city pics i struggle to get more than 4/5 satellite's locked in, is this normal? im concious obviously of all the tall buildings might be affecting things

You should be getting much more than that. Have you tried different areas? Are you in a crowded area? If you fly higher up do you gain more satellites?

Are you still below the buildings around you?
The antenna masking setting results in about an 80 degree from center aperture. Surrounding buildings can further reduce this aperture resulting in reduced 'visibility' to the sky and thus available says or SVs.

Last edited:
You should be getting much more than that. Have you tried different areas? Are you in a crowded area? If you fly higher up do you gain more satellites?

yeah when i climb i get more its just the taking off with 5/6 only. i tried this yesterday and it when ******* haywire wasnt responsive at all and just started flying off managed to get it landed ok but has put the willies up me a bit

its been ok in more open area's

Are you still below the buildings around you?
The antenna masking setting results in about an 80 degree from center aperture. Surrounding buildings can further reduce this aperture resulting in reduced 'visibility' to the sky and this available says or SVs.

yes yesterday i was heading up 5th floor walk ups but some buildings in the vacinity are 40 floors+

perhaps i should try and get onto the top of some of the higher buildings. just the access / security part to deal with

Yes. Try that.

yeah when i climb i get more its just the taking off with 5/6 only. i tried this yesterday and it when ******* haywire wasnt responsive at all and just started flying off managed to get it landed ok but has put the willies up me a bit

its been ok in more open area's
The number of sats your Phantom can pick up will depend on how much of the sky it can see and unless you are on the roof of some of the very tall buildings in HK you probably have a lot of the sky blocked out.

The number of sats your Phantom can pick up will depend on how much of the sky it can see and unless you are on the roof of some of the very tall buildings in HK you probably have a lot of the sky blocked out.
yeah just thought it would have picked more up but will have to make sure i go higher or wider spaces

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20