Satellite display will not focus on tablet

Reaction score
Just when I think I have seen everything, something new kicks my butt. I went to fly my P3A today and everything looked good except that the satellite presentation will not focus. The display is there but appears to be "zoomed" in way too far. I can do the spread motion on the screen and change the display but it is so out of focus that it is useless. The map only feature works fine but the hybrid and sat are affected. I uninstalled the GO app and downloaded it again but it made no difference. I also went to Google Earth and the presentation is perfect there. The tablet is the Nvidia K1. I have tried this with the a/c fully powered and also without even having the system connected to the tablet and all that makes no difference.
I am sure this is some type of blatant operator error but I could sure use some help in figuring it out.
Kent

Just when I think I have seen everything, something new kicks my butt. I went to fly my P3A today and everything looked good except that the satellite presentation will not focus. The display is there but appears to be "zoomed" in way too far. I can do the spread motion on the screen and change the display but it is so out of focus that it is useless. The map only feature works fine but the hybrid and sat are affected. I uninstalled the GO app and downloaded it again but it made no difference. I also went to Google Earth and the presentation is perfect there. The tablet is the Nvidia K1. I have tried this with the a/c fully powered and also without even having the system connected to the tablet and all that makes no difference.
I am sure this is some type of blatant operator error but I could sure use some help in figuring it out.
Kent
Maybe it's related to the recent switch to much inferior "Here" maps in recent app updates that so many are complaining about.

Here's one of the threads:
Google Map Missing

Also:
Help with cacheing map

Got rid of "HERE" maps

Reactions: JoBe and kentM
Kent,

Same thing here. The "Here" maps are useless. It's on the Android platform that I get those both on the phone and the Samsung tablet. When using the iPad with the P4, the maps are just fine and appear to be standard Google images.

Switch back the Android DJI Go app and the "Here" crap maps appear.

I'm just assuming another update is on the way to correct this problem which only recently showed up.

AD

Oso, Thanks so much for that. No doubt my issue as well. It's funny that this new version seemed to work for a while but I did notice the little "here" plastered on the display. Today was the first time that I noticed the display was unusable. I will work through this tomorrow.
Thanks again

Reactions: Oso
Once again I can't say enough about the willingness of folks on here to help. I am in awe of the support I received from all the folks who responded and to the folks from other threads as well. I went out this morning and flew two great flights with no problems. I reverted back one level to the 3.0.1 GO app. The maps were back to normal. I know this doesn't help anything but you just have to wonder how something like this comes from the developers. This has been my first real experience with app issues. I know that I have read about others having various problems with the apps but this is my first eye opener.
Good work and thanks to all
Happy flying
Kent

Reactions: JoBe
Once again I can't say enough about the willingness of folks on here to help. I am in awe of the support I received from all the folks who responded and to the folks from other threads as well. I went out this morning and flew two great flights with no problems. I reverted back one level to the 3.0.1 GO app. The maps were back to normal. I know this doesn't help anything but you just have to wonder how something like this comes from the developers. This has been my first real experience with app issues. I know that I have read about others having various problems with the apps but this is my first eye opener.
Good work and thanks to all
Happy flying
Kent
You're welcome sir. Glad it helped.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member