Satellite Count

P2v+ with foil mod and upgraded 4mm puck gets 10-14 sats.
P3A gets 15+ easily.

edit - whoops, just realised this is standard forum...

Reactions: dirkclod
Has anyone tried the foil mod with the P2NV?

Has anyone tried the foil mod with the P2NV?

I have a p2 basic v1 and have foil and 4mm gps.

its my go to quad. I trust it over my plus to just work!
I can sit it down almost anywhere , anytime and have complete lock and ready to fly in under a minute. In woods under trees, in house, etc.
I do have 3.08 fw and that helps over the newer fw

I have a p2 basic v1 and have foil and 4mm gps.

its my go to quad. I trust it over my plus to just work!
I can sit it down almost anywhere , anytime and have complete lock and ready to fly in under a minute. In woods under trees, in house, etc.
I do have 3.08 fw and that helps over the newer fw
You answered my question, but not the OP. How many satellites?
Did you do an A-B-C comparison or did the foil and 4mm GPS happen at the same time?

Only a few answered the question with P3S's and what I was wanting to know .
I've done the foil and 4mm antenna mod on my P2V and got as many as 15 .
Now this one has me on average once up at 14 . Well look at it .
sheild.JPG has something under it on the puck the other didn't and the shield is way thicker .
The antenna is already 4mm .puck.JPG
I added this just cause I was in there b3.JPG and will see if it gets me anymore . Can't hurt .
Looks to me DJI has been watching us huh :)
If this rain will stop I will see just what this thing will do ;)

You answered my question, but not the OP. How many satellites?
Did you do an A-B-C comparison or did the foil and 4mm GPS happen at the same time?

long story short. many comparisons,
foil first and it helped somewhat. anything would have helped as I could sit 2,3, 5 minutes without lock at first.
I still struggled to acquire and maintain solid lock so I ordered the 931-1126-nd 4mm. Boom! first power up in house( it was Feb.) and I was getting 3 to 5 satellites. That was what I would get in driveway for a couple minutes with old 2mm. Outside was locked in under a minute typically.
I have a Plus and a P2V1 so I had ordered the 931-1015-nd and installed in the other quad. It too was able to get and hold a solid lock rapidly.
Then I updated the plus to 3.12 from 3.08. I immediately noticed the gps was degraded somewhat. The P2V1 I have kept at 3.08 as a result.
Just last week in fact I was bored and the wife at work so I took the top shell with GPS unit attached and swapped them.
My impression was that the 3.08 firmware with the 1126 antenna was best combo in both quads. But Both antennas are far superior to oem

both quad have alum tape mod and I wrapped the gps lead all the was to plug as well.

In my opinion and it is only that, my plus would have been gone to that "flyaway" land had I not updated it.

Only a few answered the question with P3S's and what I was wanting to know .
I've done the foil and 4mm antenna mod on my P2V and got as many as 15 .
Now this one has me on average once up at 14 . Well look at it .
View attachment 35172 has something under it on the puck the other didn't and the shield is way thicker .
The antenna is already 4mm .View attachment 35171
I added this just cause I was in there View attachment 35173 and will see if it gets me anymore . Can't hurt .
Looks to me DJI has been watching us huh :)
If this rain will stop I will see just what this thing will do ;)

That because we the beta testers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj