Satellite connection weak, cannot create new home point

Reaction score
I know this is Phantom forum, but since the controllers and app are the same I' have a question: We are using two new Matrice 100's with the GoApp and when I tested the dynamic home point for the controller an error message appears and says the satellite connection is to weak to mark a new home point.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution to fix it?

Thanks! Gringorio

What tablet are you using to run the GO app... and does it have built in GPS?

It's a Galaxy Tab S2 and the specs say it has bothe GPS and Glonass. I've looked on the tablet to see how to enable the gps and can't find it, other than turning on location.

Why does the tablet need a GPS? I thought the transmitter/controller has a gps?

Thanks for your help!

Re-setting the Home Point uses the GPS in the tablet....RC doesn't have GPS built in. I don't know anything about the S2, so can't comment,

Re-setting the Home Point uses the GPS in the tablet.

This is quite incorrect - Home point and all GPS use is from GPS receiver in the aircraft (exception is 'follow me' also uses GPS in phone/tablet but not relevant to OP's question). So if GPS signal is reported weak, it's likely related to AC GPS or AC location - make sure it has clear view of the sky.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I know this is Phantom forum, but since the controllers and app are the same I' have a question: We are using two new Matrice 100's with the GoApp and when I tested the dynamic home point for the controller an error message appears and says the satellite connection is to weak to mark a new home point.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution to fix it?
You are trying to reset home point to the current location of the controller.
To do this you have to have a controller that can tell the Phantom where it is.
The controller for the original Inspire was GPS enabled.
I can't find any info to say whether the M100 or Inspire 2 controllers are GPS enabled or not.
The Phantom controller does not have GPS.
To reset home to the controller location for the Phantom, you need a GPS enabled phone or tablet that can supply location data to the Phantom.
The error message that says weak satellite signal is confusing.
When they say weak signal, that also includes no signal and usually means you are where the tablet GPS doesn't have a good view of the sky or it is switched off.

If you are outdoors and can't get a good GPS signal it sounds like the controller doesn't have its own GPS and needs to get location data from the tablet.
The first thing to check is that you have activated GPS in your tablet Location settings.
You can get an app called GPS Status which will display the sats your tablet is receiving and confirm whether or not you do have GPS signal.

Reactions: Loz
I don't believe the inspire remote has GPS in it. It's remote is essentially the same as the P3 with exception of silver top, metal smartphone/tablet holder, HDMI module and extra button for landing gear retraction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your app is original 3.1.2 for Android, it had a problem interpreting the mobile device GPS, reading it 2 miles WNW of your actual location. That would often report GPS too weak.
Latest is 3.1.3 which has this issue fixed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is quite incorrect - Home point and all GPS use is from GPS receiver in the aircraft (exception is 'follow me' also uses GPS in phone/tablet but not relevant to OP's question). So if GPS signal is reported weak, it's likely related to AC GPS or AC location - make sure it has clear view of the sky.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
It is not incorrect...the OP is talking about resetting the Home Point to his current position when he moves away from his launch point, and to do this you need to have GPS in the tablet. See post #6 above.

It is not incorrect...the OP is talking about resetting the Home Point to his current position when he moves away from his launch point, and to do this you need to have GPS in the tablet. See post #6 above.

Yep sorry, I humbly stand corrected! Regret my certainty, you are quite right. Cheers

- Phantom P3A & P3P -

Reactions: rockydog
I don't believe the inspire remote has GPS in it. It's remote is essentially the same as the P3 with exception of silver top, metal smartphone/tablet holder, HDMI module and extra button for landing gear retraction.
The Inspire 1 remote had a GPS unit inside.
Just like the Inspire 2 remote does Inspire 2 - GPS Module for Remote Controller | DJI Store
If your app is original 3.1.2 for Android, it had a problem interpreting the mobile device GPS, reading it 2 miles WNW of your actual location. That would often report GPS too weak.
Latest is 3.1.3 which has this issue fixed.
The jumping homepoint issue was not related to what is being discussed here.

I am having the same issue with my P4 that was sent back to me. It's a refurb and no matter what device I use, iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 6+, and a 5S are all saying "GPS signal to receiver is weak" and will not let me send a dynamic homepoint or follow me.

My guess is that the transmitter that is on the bird receiving the GPS from the tablet is faulty as I have tried all the suggestions by DJI.

The only thing I haven't tried is rolling back the bird's firmware which could be a culprit.

The jumping homepoint issue was not related to what is being discussed here.

Low GPS signal where the app was referring to the mobile device GPS was one of the symptoms of the bug, so yes, it is related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers