Satellite acquisition taking quite a while...

Reaction score
Just received my Replacement P2V from BH all is well so far except it takes quite a while to find any sats. Just curious if anyone else has this issue or if anyone has a fix..

Thanks guys

arinvideo said:
Just received my Replacement P2V from BH all is well so far except it takes quite a while to find any sats. Just curious if anyone else has this issue or if anyone has a fix..

Thanks guys

I noticed it taking its sweet time out of the box (before the firmware updates)... After I performed the updates, it typically connects to 6 or more satellites before I can even get the wifi and iPod connected - so less than 30 seconds.

This may be completely out in left field, but perhaps solar flares can affect how quickly the P2V connects to the satellites? Furthermore, perhaps causing the fly away's to occur? I'm only speculating.

Hmm.. First thing I did was the firmware updates..testing it again now. Thanks for the reply

i guess after firmware update the gps nvram get cleared forcing the gps to do a complete download of almanac before the fix

after first fix the gps should become faster to fix if you dont move away more than some miles from the takeoff point

arinvideo said:

Thanks guys

I've noticed the same thing. It used to be nearly instantaneous. Now it takes two to three minutes. Not sure why, but it's a very obvious difference... :(

I agree w/above, lately (after software upgrade) I've noticed my V.1 version taking 2+ minutes. Another note after getting string of green lights (home/record) I'll get single green light flash maybe once or twice then get another string of green lights.... then single green light flashing. It's almost like it's resetting home record location. This all started after software upgrade.

urgno said:
i guess after firmware update the gps nvram get cleared forcing the gps to do a complete download of almanac before the fix

after first fix the gps should become faster to fix if you dont move away more than some miles from the takeoff point

Il keep trying and timing

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4