Satelites

Reaction score
This may have already been addressed,but I still have not read where it tells me how many satellites have been acquired

I wait for the flashing green lights then on to solid and go, have always been successful . Is this luck or what? I tried to search for an answer but it always comes up with nothing.

Thanks for your help

Joe G

Ps I have a phantom 2 with GoPro black 3+ HD23D and zenmuse gimbal

If I understand your question:

Have you added FPV gear with an iOSD module?

Sat count is not conveyed with status LEDS on the a/c unless you are in 'NAZA Mode', and then it is limited to <5, =5, =6, or greater.

See page 12 of the NAZA-M quick start guide v1.24 available on the DJI download page.

I think it needs to acquire 8 satellites. It will show the number of satellites in the upper right hand corner of you our FPV monitor assuming you added the very useful mini-isod to your FPV stream.

I have had to take off with only being able to acquire 5 satellites due to homes or terrain but get 6 or more after lift off.

With only 5 satellites, will P2 still mark "home" location from where it took off from?

Bluegrass said:
I think it needs to acquire 8 satellites. It will show the number of satellites in the upper right hand corner of you our FPV monitor assuming you added the very useful mini-isod to your FPV stream.

I do not have an FPV system, so how can I tell how many satelites have been located?

In Phantom mode you can't beyond rapid flashing green LEDs on rear arms after warm-up.
That indicates 6 or more.

For NAZA mode, see my previous post above.

FPV indicates 7 satelites to make the quad flash green.
On a nice day it usually climbs up to 9, 10, even 11 after a few minutes of flying.

I am getting zero sat indication , only thing that has changed is a motor replacement?

Are you sure you plugged the GPS back into the socket? If you're not sure try to start the motors (without props) if they spin up the GPS is connected. If you replaced a motor due to a crash there is a possibility that the ceramic GPS antenna in the top shell is cracked and needs replacement.

Thanks, all working now, maybe a coincidence , I did an app upgrade on my phone, that seemed to have sorted it.
Regards Mike

Just so you know P2 do not use apps unless you running a ground station.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers