Santa Fe, New Mexico Newb

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time RC pilot FPV, fixed wing and multirotors. Never bought a pre made aircraft before. I have always built my own. But after seeing all the features and ease of use these Phantoms contain, I'm sold! I have been saving for a couple months and am starting my hunt for a deal since now. I have exactly 500 dollars saved and still have a few items for sale that will generate some more cash. But now that I have reached the 500 mark I figured it would be a good idea to start my hunt.

At first I was already dead set on a P3S, but after seeing the signal strength differences between the two I think I am going to go with the P3A. After years of LRS infused 20km flights I think being stuck within a tiny area would drive me crazy. Then again I read the articles about antenna upgrades (which I am more then familiar with building my own antenna) and the addition of Litchie, I'm a little torn.

I really don't know if a P3A is worth the extra $200!?

Anyway I'm Joe from Santa Fe, NM. I work as a radio technician for public safety. In my free time I build BMW e30's and RC aircraft. Not in that particular order though.

Any insight to my dilemma would be very welcome!

I think if you go for one, don't scrimp. Get the P3 Pro!

Adding an antenna is easy... A small lot and you're all set. You can get a used DBS panel for cheap, and be flying miles.

I think the standard is great for the money. But nothing like the advanced. Light bridge is worth it, plus the ease of upgrade for distance purposes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I really am not that worried about 4k that's why I chose the advanced. Is light bridge really that much better than standard 2.4g? I am really leaning towards the advanced. I was just checking Amazon and I can get a brand new one for 699.00 That's not bad at all!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj