Sank in muddy water on the second day. What to do?

In this application dry rice is intended to act as a desiccant . . . unfortunately it's not a very effective one. Usually better to apply low to moderate heat. Hair dryer or heating pad, etc. Don't be in a hurry to power it back up to see if it works. Give it a day or more to make sure all the moisture is evaporated.

bumper

I landed (aka crashed) my Phantom into a pool. After getting it out (about 30 sec later), I unplugged it and tried to shake all the water off. I unscrewed the top plastic cover and let it sit in the sun for 10-15 minutes. After that, I dumped a ton of rice all over it. I literally packed it in. I then put it in a plastic bag over night. The next day I cleaned it up and removed all the rice from the boards and engines. I plugged it in and it worked. I was back and flying within 24 hours of a water landing.

runningthingz said:
I landed (aka crashed) my Phantom into a pool. After getting it out (about 30 sec later), I unplugged it and tried to shake all the water off. I unscrewed the top plastic cover and let it sit in the sun for 10-15 minutes. After that, I dumped a ton of rice all over it. I literally packed it in. I then put it in a plastic bag over night. The next day I cleaned it up and removed all the rice from the boards and engines. I plugged it in and it worked. I was back and flying within 24 hours of a water landing.

There ya go, good work.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers