Sank in muddy water on the second day. What to do?

IceFireSoul said:
: ))) Well, what do I tell you... judging from the video, make a guess.

No sé dónde estás. Es un mundo grande

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceFireSoul said:
Big world, true : ) Sofia, Bulgaria. But this is a part of the city where, well, darker-skinned people live. : )

Oops. Missed that. I don't speak Bulgarian. Sofia is the Capitol, right?
Welcome to the Worldwide nation of Phantoms.

It seems you are mostly concerned about the water....If it is not yet damaged, if you can completely dry it before powering up, then you should be good. Water doesn't kill it...water with POWER simply shorts circuits to all the parts and wipes them out....I think. :D

You need to learn two things:

1) The probability of a crash (and the severity of the crash) is directly proportional to the number of people watching you :) That sounds liek a joke, but you're not concentrating on flying, you may be trying ot show off, and you're more likely to hold on to the bitter end than just land it when things get rough.

2) More seriously, GPS gets blocked by trees. You were flying low in a forest clearing. You started with less than six satellites, and it would have onyl gotten worse as you moved closer to the trees. You need more than 6 satellites to get ~2 metre accuracy. Start droppign satellites and your GPS accuracy drops as well. You wouldn't need to lose too many before your accuracy drops to 5 metres, whic his bad when you're only a couple of metres away from trees.

The thing that the amount of people watching does increase the chance of a crash is proven truth from many flights before.

The thing with the GPS is also true. I learned the hard way, though.

NOW:

I left it to dry hanged in front of my AC (running on fan only) for the whole night OPENED and it's really dry. I turned it on today and here is what I get... does the initial sequence, then I get just yellow blinking. Not the fast that means not connection to transmitter; but a slower yellow. If I press any thing on the remote; it does [two yellows - pause - ... ]; if I don't touch the remote i have [one yellow ... pause ... ].

I tried firing the engines (without props) and it works; all engines work, and when I give throttle they increase in a logical-looking way. I powered them down, then powered off the phantom and came to ask. What's going on?

Oh, wait, as it's still lying on the table, I haven't plugged in the compass; thus the only-yellow blinkers (one meaning joystick in center position, two meaning joystick in not center position).

Now, with the compass in, it seems to be behaving normally!

But I am still not allowed to smile. Let me put it back together and see if it can touch the clouds again...

IceFireSoul said:
I must report - Phantom is flying LIKE NEW after drying it and putting it back together.

AMAZING MACHINE!

Great!

There is an important step that I did not see in the previous responses. If your Phantom gets in the water as others have said, first get the battery unplugged, the sooner the better. Distilled water is an insulator, but most water has minerals and stuff in it so it conducts electricity (i.e. it's an electrolyte) . . . add electricity and things corrode very fast.

So, after getting the battery out you will want to thoroughly rinse the Phantom with clean water if it is full of muddy water. Then follow that with submerging it in distilled water (reverse osmosis filtered water is a reasonable substitute if distilled water is not available). After a thorough rinsing, remove as much distilled water as possible, shake it out, clean compressed air etc.

Finally dry the Phantom in mild heat - - direct sunshine, hair dryer or whatever.

The distilled water rinse is intended to remove trace contamination left behind by the impure water. Such contamination can conduct electricity in humid conditions and thus promote electrolysis and corrosion over time. This works for many water dunked electronic devices - - though some have PCB mounted batteries that should also be removed if possible.

bumper

bumper

So, does this mean that after it is flying well and dried out already for a week after; I should rather dump it in distilled water and dry it again?

Did anyone else see this for how too dry your phantom :lol: :lol:

I tried but can't get the pics off the eBay add ,so only one screen shot lol :lol:

Show item
So here is my DJI Phantom for sale . It has met with some tough time as you can see. So here is the skinny I Was doing a little Ariel acrobatics and it ended up in the water, so I go fish it out, it was submerged for about a minute , so I get it out and disconnect the battery immediately and put it in the oven for 5 hrs on low heat, I shut the oven off and go to bed with great hope that all will be well in the morning. Instead someone decided to use the oven at 6: 00 am to make breakfast, the oven was preheated to 350 and now we have cooked drone ! (Breakfast didn't taste to good) so what we have is this. If I plug the battery in it lights up and beeps about every sec. Not sure what that means but I assume that there is a electrical component that is not functioning, The components that I know are good are the props (carbon fiber 9") super stiff x4 and all the fasteners . I also have 6 guapner E props 9" brand new . So the props alone are worth over $100. The components that I know are bad is the frame, as you can see its dis formed. All the other electrical stuff may work ... The motors should work but i make no guarantee on any of it. i would try and fix it but I am going to a bigger drone capable of caring a DSLR . I also have a futaba T8 controller for sale that I was running this thing withalso I have 2 batteries
Posted witheBay Mobile
On Jul-24-13 at 06:49:16 PDT, seller added the following information:
The futaba RX that you see is not include, it will come with a stock RX
On Jul-24-13 at 10:58:39 PDT, seller added the following information:
Also everything appears to be in normal condition on the inside except the NAZA, it looks like it got kinda hot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 718
...............back on topic. The moral of the story. If you don't see two green lights blinking and nothing else. It's a no fly day my friend. Wait or move the Phantom to another location. Patience is a virtue. I have to admit, the recent firmware update locks in on the satelites much quicker. Nice!!!

True, just a remark - if you see two green blinks it means "switch not in center position"; so it's also no-flight day, but calibration of controller day. It shall be one green blink : )

IceFireSoul said:
So, does this mean that after it is flying well and dried out already for a week after; I should rather dump it in distilled water and dry it again?

Depends on the water it went down in. Salt water? Absolutely, clean (see below) and rinse in distilled water ASAP. Dirty water? I would still rinse it.

To get an idea of how things are within, and make a determination if you should dunk your perfectly operating Phantom in distilled water, take off the cover and look carefully at circuit board traces. If you see any signs of corrosion at all, (may look like white or bluish powder on connections or metal), it needs cleaning.

To do this, remove battery and fist spray the areas to be cleaned with distilled water while gently scrubbing away any corrosion with a toothbrush. The rinse and dry.

bumper

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj