SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB R95/W90

Reaction score
Picked one of these up on a NewEgg gift card for free. Has anyone used a beast card like this in their P3P? Any noticeable difference with 4K quality?

Rated up to 95 MB/s Read and 90 MB/s Write.

image.jpg

I have 6 of them. Love em!! The fastest cards on the market!
Good to hear. UPS just delivered. Think I'll wait until Monday before sending my bird off to DJI for a couple of months. Want to try this new card out over the weekend first. Not like they are going to be working over the weekend anyway.

I only have 2, but they work well and as Streve said - lightning fast!!

It won't make any difference to the quality of the video.....the only advantage you gain is in download speed to your computer with the 95MB/s read speed . The write speed is of no advantage, as the Phantom only has a bit rate of 60Mb/s,-(in 4K)-, which is less than 8MB/s.

It won't make any difference to the quality of the video.....the only advantage you gain is in download speed to your computer with the 95MB/s read speed . The write speed is of no advantage, as the Phantom only has a bit rate of 60Mb/s,-(in 4K)-, which is less than 8MB/s.

At least it's future proof for the Phantom 4 which will hopefully have a much higher bit rate.

For multi bracketing raw files the requirements are higher than 4K.

I don't know the maximum write speed of the phantom. It is probably way less than the specs of that card. But it's better to be above than below.

My slow as card benchmarks around write 8MB/s read 40MB/s.
The included card is closer to write 25MB/s and read 70MB/S (on my computer).

I do notice quite a big difference between hem when taking multiple images fast/bracketing. So faster than 8MB/s is definitely noticeable when taking photos.

It would however be nice to see a benchmark between different cards and how fast the phantom empties the buffer with each.

Using exfat does this mean you can record over the 4gb file limit?
Good question.. I looked back over hundreds of video files and nothing was above 3.4 gig or so.. and those were manually cut off. I tend to make a lot of small files rather than one big one.

I bought a larger Lexar 633x card also rated at 95MB/s. I don't know how it compares to the Sandisk but it's pretty **** fast.

Reactions: airforce1loz
Picked one of these up on a NewEgg gift card for free. Has anyone used a beast card like this in their P3P? Any noticeable difference with 4K quality?

Rated up to 95 MB/s Read and 90 MB/s Write.

View attachment 30365

No, this isn't the fastest, biggest or cheapest. This one wins hands down :)

Lexar High-Performance 633x 95MB/s Micro SD 128GB Class 10 SDXC 128 G GB MicroSD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 08.19.11.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 08.19.11.png
    71 KB · Views: 429
Whether you buy the fastest or most expensive card, it will not do anything to improve speed or quality in the Phantom.
All you stand to gain is a faster transfer time taking files off the card.

Reactions: snerd
No, this isn't the fastest, biggest or cheapest. This one wins hands down :)

Lexar High-Performance 633x 95MB/s Micro SD 128GB Class 10 SDXC 128 G GB MicroSD
The Lexar has the same quoted read speed as the Sandisk, but is only rated at 20MB/s write speed. (Not that it matters for the Phantom)

At least it's future proof for the Phantom 4 which will hopefully have a much higher bit rate.

Yeah, that's what we like to tell ourselves. ;)

Before you know it, your "fast" and "big" memory cards are going to look like dinosaurs. I was just looking on Amazon and they have 256GB sd cards for $80. Probably not fast, but man... these things move very fast especially with all the new dlsr video cameras pushing the boundaries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers