Sandisk Extreme Plus

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with this particular card?

I bought a 64gb, it only records for about 40 seconds before saying slow write speed(I'm only recording 1080) and stopping. The file then appears to be corrupted as I cannot play it in any device.

The '64' designation refers to the capacity of the card and has nothing to do with the speed. Sandisk's model names can be confusing but does your card have a U3 marking on it or U10? (U3 is faster and should be more than adequate.) If you have a U3 card that is acting up try formatting it in the drone instead of a computer. It's also possible that the card is bad but that's less likely.

Smiler I think you have confused the point - the Sandisk 'Extreme Plus' comes in various capacities and ALL are U3 speed. OP was asking experiences with such spec SD card.

My experience was I bought one of these cheap, but new on eBay and ended up getting a Sandisk bad clone, found only when I called Sandisk for help as it was slow and failing format.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Smiler I think you have confused the point - the Sandisk 'Extreme Plus' comes in various capacities and ALL are U3 speed. OP was asking experiences with such spec SD card.

My experience was I bought one of these cheap, but new on eBay and ended up getting a Sandisk bad clone, found only when I called Sandisk for help as it was slow and failing format.

Please read the thread again. I was trying to correct the post above mine which had two errors in saying 'You need to get Sandisk Extreme 64gb not Extreme plus.' The 64 (capacity) doesn't matter and any of the current Extreme/Plus/Pro cards could be U3 so both points were wrong. Also you are incorrect when you state that all Extreme cards are U3 as there are still Extreme U1 cards available for sale and the OP didn't specifically state which one he had. The Sandisk Extreme/Plus/Pro designations can be confusing as their capabilities have changed over time so I was just making a general comment to look for a U3 card rather than a model name.

SanDisk has a lifetime warranty on Extreme cards (as long as it is not used in continuous video/datalogging devices) in the USA and most countries so if it is bad it can be easily replaced. But try formatting in the aircraft first.

Your experience does highlight another possible problem, and that is the number of counterfeit cards out there. Only buy from reputable retailers, and this may not be a good product to buy on Ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loz
Please read the thread again. I was trying to correct the post above mine which had two errors in saying 'You need to get Sandisk Extreme 64gb not Extreme plus.' The 64 (capacity) doesn't matter and any of the current Extreme/Plus/Pro cards could be U3 so both points were wrong. Also you are incorrect when you state that all Extreme cards are U3 as there are still Extreme U1 cards available for sale and the OP didn't specifically state which one he had. The Sandisk Extreme/Plus/Pro designations can be confusing as their capabilities have changed over time so I was just making a general comment to look for a U3 card rather than a model name.

SanDisk has a lifetime warranty on Extreme cards (as long as it is not used in continuous video/datalogging devices) in the USA and most countries so if it is bad it can be easily replaced. But try formatting in the aircraft first.

Your experience does highlight another possible problem, and that is the number of counterfeit cards out there. Only buy from reputable retailers, and this may not be a good product to buy on Ebay.

I wasn't referring to the 64g.. it's obvious that the gigs don't affect the compatibility. I was just saying that I first bought a Sandisk Extreme Plus, then purchased a Sandisk Extreme. This solved my problem.

This is why i dont use ebay for sd cards to many fakes i have the sandisk extreme pro u3 v30 works great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic