San Clemente Pier *photo only

Reaction score
I am in the process of just gathering footage, right now... Hoping to get enough to make a nice lil video of my town... San Clemente, CA. Here is a shot of my pier... Please enjoy...

Attachments

• Pier (via Linda Lane)-1.jpg
    Pier (via Linda Lane)-1.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 664
Nice shot. We are neighbors. I am planning on highlighting the OC coast from San Clemente to Huntington Beach. I have several stills but only have a few bits of aerial from Dana Point so far.

[img][/img]

Cool. Thanks for sharing those. I lived in san clemente for a few years. I was a few minutes walk from the beach. I'll be going there on vacation in November among other places. Any hassles flying around the beach there?
I thought it would have been cool to get some video above the train on the beach if I had the chance

knuckles said:
Cool. Thanks for sharing those. I lived in san clemente for a few years. I was a few minutes walk from the beach. I'll be going there on vacation in November among other places. Any hassles flying around the beach there?
I thought it would have been cool to get some video above the train on the beach if I had the chance

So far I haven't had any troubles, no negative comments or dirty looks. Everyone that has inquired has been really cool. I have had kids applause and adults thanking me for showing them the veiw on FPV. I don't fly the beach when it is crowded and I stay away from the beachfront housing. Mostly during the week, early morning or before sunset. Enjoy your stay.

That is pretty kewl, Phreak... I've lived by the pier my whole life, but just moved off Estrella... I miss the pier-bowl area so much! lol... I have some fun shots of Dana Point. You will have a great time piloting there...

Attachments

• DP2.jpg
    DP2.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 433
  • DP1.jpg
    DP1.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 380
Thanks for the info. Have you guys ever got any whale or dolphin pictures? I was surprised one day to see a pod of dolphins visible from the san clemente beach one day before I had a phantom. That's an awesome place to live.

Got this one from the boat, not the Phantom. Whale and dolphin sightings fairly common at the right time of the year. Probably not many in November at least for the whales. The whales use the Dana Point headlands for navigation, no GPS.

Here is a nice video of whales and dolphins from Dana Point's Capt Dave. He runs whale watching tours and is the one that introduced me to the Phantom.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_f8mV5khg[/youtube]

cool yeah I'm familiar with some of Capt. Dave's videos in fact I showed that video on my big screen TV when I told my wife I have to have one of those Phantoms lol :) That's cool that you went out on the boat. I never did that while I lived there but I saw his pics and updates on his website a few times.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4