SAMSUNG TABLET UP TO 6" WIDE

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a P4 and would like to know what Samsung device works best (no RC connection problems). My RC connects well with my GalaxyS5 but would like a much larger screen.

Thanks!
Rus

I purchased a new Samsung a6 tab at Christmas to fly my phantom and it's not working the tranmission is so terrible it's unusable even my s7 was struggling. Went against the grain and plumped for a mini ipad 2 today......amazing, problem solved, my advice get an ipad.

I purchased a new Samsung a6 tab at Christmas to fly my phantom and it's not working the tranmission is so terrible it's unusable even my s7 was struggling. Went against the grain and plumped for a mini ipad 2 today......amazing, problem solved, my advice get an ipad.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply! I have been online since my post regarding this. Ironically, after reading more, I am in the middle of purchasing my first ipad mini 2!. Have you had great luck so far with you mini/P4 combo?

Rus

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply! I have been online since my post regarding this. Ironically, after reading more, I am in the middle of purchasing my first ipad mini 2!. Have you had great luck so far with you mini/P4 combo?

Rus
Only purchased the mini ipad yesterday, took a 20 minute flight today and it was rock solid....waiting for daylight tomorrow and I'm of again. The software on the ipad is much more versatile and truthfully I'm a Samsung man through and through......but the new ipad is the nuts for flying this drone so clear and without fault. You won't regret your purchase, I have a large smile from ear to ear watching my flight today.

I tried two galaxy tablets. They both stank. Choppy video and laggy screen.

I bought an Nvidia K1 and it works great.
Was $189 on Amazon.

Reactions: Jason.grubb
Only purchased the mini ipad yesterday, took a 20 minute flight today and it was rock solid....waiting for daylight tomorrow and I'm of again. The software on the ipad is much more versatile and truthfully I'm a Samsung man through and through......but the new ipad is the nuts for flying this drone so clear and without fault. You won't regret your purchase, I have a large smile from ear to ear watching my flight today.

That's great to hear Jason!
Again, thanks for your feedback.
I can't wait for my ipad to arrive!

Hello!
I was curious if an ipad mini 2 (without cellular, and use my Samsung S5 as a hot spot ) will work OK for flying my P4?
Thanks!

Hello!
I was curious if an ipad mini 2 (without cellular, and use my Samsung S5 as a hot spot ) will work OK for flying my P4?
Thanks!

It's works perfectly I used mine like this yesterday. If your flying local you could also just go on maps when on wi-fi and look at the maps, make sure cache maps is ticked on the app....sorted. I do believe I read somewhere that you need data if you want to re-set your home position once you have taken off, therefore you would need your s5 hotshot on I guess but I haven't tried this. Let me know how you get on.

Does the temperature have any affect on the video feed back?
I have new ipad mini 2 video glitching like crazy.
I know it recommended to fly in temps. above 34F.

Being it colder in my area been flying in temps about 15F.

Does the temperature have any affect on the video feed back?
I have new ipad mini 2 video glitching like crazy.
I know it recommended to fly in temps. above 34F.

Being it colder in my area been flying in temps about 15F.
I've had no problems but only used twice was certainly very cold.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4