Samsung Tab ( SM-T350) is not connecting to P4

Samsung devices...

Select Settings, About Device (at bottom) and tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Mode.

Now go back to Settings, Developer Options, USB Configuration and change from MTP to RNDIS.

Hook up your controller and it should work.

I usually have to do the USB configuration change after turning my Samsung tablet off for any reason. I added this to my pre-flight checklist.

This fixed my Samsung connection issues completely.

Galaxy G2 8" tablet and a stock P4 controller. Also use the original Samsung USB cable to rule out any cable issues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app
I just checked. There is no such thing as USB configurations in developer mode. Only usb debugging. Which i tried on and off, didnt work. Tab pro 8.4

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is usually a setting that lets you change how the usb port connects. MTP, PTP, etc. What version of Android are you running?

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app
That menu doesnt appear anymore. Android version is the latest for tab pro, cuz when i try to update, its says its latest.
This all happened after i updated to dji go 3.1.0. (maybe coincidence).
Tried rolling back to 2.9.1 still doesnt work. Very confusing topic.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello hello,

My Samsung Tab ( SM-T350) is not connecting to P4 anymore.
it was working very well 2 weeks ago.
I reinstalled the DJ go App.
Enable USB debugging .
talk to DJ support.( told me to buy a iPad)

My i phone 5 is connecting ( supposed not to work with P4)

Any suggestions.

Thank you.

www.stephanelacasaphotography.com
I put myself out of my misery. I was using my Tab A with my P4 RC, and when it worked, it worked great. That was when it worked... When it refused to connect I tried everything and no dice, when my Tab A got moody, it simply wouldn't connect.

My buddy and I fly our P4's together. We get out of our vehicles and prepare to fly. My buddy's iPad mini 2 connects instantly, every time. Not so much for me.
Too much frustration. I broke down and picked up an iPad mini 2. This broke my heart, I really didn't want another tablet, but it turns out I needed one. The iPad connects solidly every time.

Try this : Turn off all equipments ( Phantom, Unit Control and your Tab), disconect usb cable from your Tab.

1 - Turn On Phantom (wait a couple of seconds and...)
2- Turn On your Unit control, wait for the light green.
3- Connect your USB Cable
4-Turn On your Tab
5- Open DJI app, you will be connected.

Good luck.

Someday someone is going to find out why the TAB A does not connect properly. They will find some setting on the TAB that will fix all this "No connect" stuff. My TAB A connects instantly and solidly with my 3 Pro every time if I leave the TAB off until the RC and drone are on and green as described above Only I don't have to disconnect the USB cable each time.. All these posts are scaring me. I'm afraid to poke around in Settings to figure it out. I may screw it up and never get it back.

I have a P4 and the Samsung SM-T350 and although it's a bit tricky connecting, the right sequence works OK. My issue is that the screen is badly pixilated and has coloured bars all over it when I move the camera around. It's filming fine on to the onboard micro card but it's difficult to set the camera when the screen lags so badly. I have an iPhone which works like but a bigger tablet is preferable. With the iphone, the drone records on to the card only, but using the Samsung, it's recording on to the card and the tablet ! I think this is causing the lagging because the tab is trying to save a large file and just doesn't have the grunt.
I've disabled just about everything on the tab to get it to work but no joy. If there's a setting to stop it recording to the tablet, I can't find it. Any ideas ?

I have a P4 and the Samsung SM-T350 and although it's a bit tricky connecting, the right sequence works OK. My issue is that the screen is badly pixilated and has coloured bars all over it when I move the camera around. It's filming fine on to the onboard micro card but it's difficult to set the camera when the screen lags so badly. I have an iPhone which works like but a bigger tablet is preferable. With the iphone, the drone records on to the card only, but using the Samsung, it's recording on to the card and the tablet ! I think this is causing the lagging because the tab is trying to save a large file and just doesn't have the grunt.
I've disabled just about everything on the tab to get it to work but no joy. If there's a setting to stop it recording to the tablet, I can't find it. Any ideas ?

This is a nice question. I think it's on the side of the dji application that you should look. Specifically in the sychronization options. I guess. Let me know if you find it.

I think that's it....there's an option which says 'Cache locally when recording' which I've now turned off. What I couldn't figure out was why it didn't do it on the phone but maybe it's a different default setting on the android version. A quick test tonight seems to indicate it's now all good. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: LouisQc
I think that's it....there's an option which says 'Cache locally when recording' which I've now turned off. What I couldn't figure out was why it didn't do it on the phone but maybe it's a different default setting on the android version. A quick test tonight seems to indicate it's now all good. Thanks for the advice.

Happy to hear that! You are welcome! Enjoy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik