Samsung Tab ( SM-T350) is not connecting to P4

I would not think wireless would have an effect.

Just for the record here:
I have tried several USB cables as well.
And I am running android 6.something.

Wife deleted a bunch of apps she can do without over the weekend, including DJI. I am going to re-load DJIGo when I get a chance later this week. I am leaning factory reset though cause we are having some wifi issues over the last week too, simple things like checking the weather on the tab.

The tab seemed to work mostly great until recently. Not sure what is up on this deal.

So Stephan, are you making any progress on yours?

Here is a chat I had with DJI support, just to save yourself 2 hours:

You are chatting with Robby
Dear DJI User:

1、As for the issues of pricing, ordering, shipping or dealers, you can reach our pre-sales service via DJI Support - Here for You ;

2、As for Repair Progress Inquiry , please check via DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography .

Thanks for your understanding and coorperation.

【Tips】Make sure that the screen of your mobile device is unlocked, otherwise the chat may be cut off. If the chat ended, kindly click "Continue" for further assist.

14:47:06
Hello, Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.How may I help?

14:49:02
I have a p3p that was working great, but I started having problems connecting to the cam on my samsung tab A. It was giving me fits, and then would not connect at all. I tried deleting djigo several times, factory reset on tab, and nothing was working. I also tried my phone, another and another tab 3.

Now it will sometmes connect, but All I get is the DJI logo,m no camera feed.

14:51:37
have you able to move the gimble?

Used to. Now after connect it does self test normally. after a few seconds it will there and then will go limp.

14:53:12
i understand

14:54:55
if you able to move the gimble it means that the RC and aircraft is link and connected

it might the device you are using is the caused of the error

I can actuallly fly. There is just no camera feed.

I did try rebinding RC to make sure it was OK, still same effect.

14:56:23
TO be clear, I had previouly useed this tab just fine. I have since tried 3 devices, same result

i undesrtand

have you update the firmware?

14:58:00
No recently, I think is is on one version prior to the current release. Maybe 1.8? I wanted to get things working as they were before prior to an update so I could rule out firmware as the issue.

Please kindly send a screenshot of the about page: DJI Go App > Camera View > General Settings > About.

14:59:20
it will take me a few minutes

sure

i can wait for you..:)

【System Message】Warning, system will close the chat in 5 minutes if you have no response still.

15:05:26
I have the app up looking for that info

app 2.84 version 1.8.80 remote 1.60

15:07:36
we recommend you to upgrade the firmware

On home screen it is saying safe to fly, and I can trigger moters, but the top bar is red and saying no signal

15:08:42
Can't understand why is was working 2 weeks ago,m then went all haywire.

15:10:07
please try to link your RC

Phantom 3 Link the Remote Controller and the aircraft
This option is under MODE_RC Settings_Linking RC
If you have any further question about linking or other requests please feel free to contact me again.

I tried re-linking last night, same result.

15:13:21
would you mind if we do it again now.:)

I will do it, give me a minute...

thank you.:)

15:15:32
all done. Shall i reboot everything?

may i know what is in the status bar?

15:16:43
green safe to fly -- red no signal

15:19:41
mayi have the screen shot>

Sending file 20160829_152027.jpg

Sending file 20160829_152031.jpg

15:22:54
attached

"20160829_152031.jpg" Sent succeeded.

15:24:04
* Turn on the aircraft and RC, press C1, C2, Record at the same time.
* You'll hear a beep sounds like D-DD, and let go the finger of the shutter button
* Press IOS wheel, then the RC will beep like D-D-D-D... and the indicator of the RC turns Blue
*Use a pen to poke the linking button on your aircraft.

lets do manual linking

15:27:56
I can get the first part, having trouble with the second. I got the first D-DD, but when I release record, and try ios wheen it doesn't want to change.

Going to try again here..

yes please

15:30:29
Doesn't want to go into that mode. Am I suposed to tap the wheel or hold down. Neither seems to wrok

have you heard a beep sound?

15:32:41
C1`C2 + record, I get the D-DD, D-DD. Can't seem to move past that.

have you hit the linking button in the aircraft?

15:33:57
No. Shall I do that first? Sorry, thought I was doing the remort first.

after you heard the beep sound please poke the linking button in the aircraft

15:36:01
I redid the controller, and it did it properly that time. I got the proper D-DD, and then the D-D-D. Button on drone, and then it stopped.

shall i reboot things?

15:38:43
may i know in the status bar?

15:39:58
app had closed. , upon relaunching i don't have a blue bar.

have you enter the camera view?

15:41:57
No, just how to connect bar now.. I have a green dot on controller and can fire motors. No way to get to camera

15:43:31
lat me ask again your device using?

Right new Samsung Galaxy Tab A

-Now-

i understand

15:44:41
however we recommend you to use another device.

it means that the aircraft didn't recognize the device

15:46:23
It was working fine for a couple of weeks though.

i understand however there some cases that you encounter this kind of error bacause of the device we are using

15:47:52
iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

How about testing with a galaxy Tab 3, or a samsung Rugby Pro phone? I have DJIgo on both f those.

im sorry but it is not compatible

please check the list i send to you as your guide

15:50:39
standby...

sure Neil

15:53:29
are you there Neil?

Yep....

15:54:39
I was checking with family. Looks like I don't have something on that list so I can test.

sure Neil

is there anything i can help?

15:55:48
Is there any way to check the camera at all with what we have available?

you can try to uninstall and reinstall the app

15:57:03
I have tried that 6-10 times. Even after a factory reset of the Tab A. No dice.

i understand..we apologize but it is not compatible..

15:58:04
here is the thing,if you unable to enter the camera view it means the device is not dtected by the aircraft

Is it normal for the gimble to go limp after 5 seconds or so?

however if you able to enter the camera view but has no live feed

and you can move the gimble using the RC it means its the device is not compatible too

15:59:48
but if you enter the camera view,has no live feed an cant move the gimble means there is an error in the aircraft

16:02:21
So a few days ago when I could not get signal, but I could swivel camera down - we had a non - compatable device. Now I can't get a camera feed, and the gimbal goes limp after boot-up, and my aircraft may be damaged?

no Neil

we recommend you to have try another device that is recommended

16:03:40
since i have check that you are using not one of our recommended device.:)

16:05:05
Both the RC and aircraft have usb ports. It would be fantastic if we could plug these into a computer and run a diagnostic program to make sure the hardware is working properly

16:06:18
we apologize however it is not also work for that.

16:07:53
does DJI have another App that will work with the P3P?

you can use only the DJI Go App that can download in playstore.

16:09:57
For better service,we will transfer this conversation to the colleague who is in charge of this. Please be aware that the next supporter can also view the previous chat records. Please wait a moment.

thx

The chat has been transfered to Robby.

Hello, Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. How may I help you?

Yes how may I help you neil?

16:11:46
Robby, I can't get the camera to connect. Can you please review the conversation above to see if you have any recommendations?

Okay

So you're stuck in how to connect?

yes.

16:13:15
Although I could get by that before, with no camera feed, and a DJI logo, but now we are stuck on how to connect button.

16:15:39
Oh okay. May I ask what device you're using?

16:16:41
Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Had used it for several weeks and it worked fine. Then I started having connection issues.

Oh okay. Can you try using a compatible device and check if it will connect

16:17:47
iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

I don't currently have a device on that approved list. Is there anything else we can try?

16:18:52
You can try enabling USB debugging on your phone and MTP mode

But if that doesnt work, you really have to use one of our devices in the list

16:20:05
USB debugging mode:
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android | Kingo Android Root

MTP mode for Samsung:
How to change the USB connection options on my Samsung Galaxy S5

working, one moment please

16:21:21
Sure

16:23:10
I have a differnt version of android... looking up the USB degugging command

Okay

16:25:50
I believe I am in MTP mode. Still lookign for usb debugging

android 6.0.1

16:26:58
Okay

It may be in settings

16:29:14
fianlly got it. Tap build # 5 times, and it then becomes available in settings.

USB degunning is on.

Okay

Can you try if it enters camera view

16:30:30
Still no.

Okay. I suggest you try using a different device

16:31:47
If that is my only option. I would sure like to be able to check things out more before I shell out $$$ for another Tablet.

just don't understand why it worked OK for weeks, then quit working.

16:33:05
Yes because it might be that they updated the app and it no longer supports the device not in the list

K. Is there anything else we can try, or R we out of options?

16:35:06
Well just to rule out that its not the remote that has the problem, you can try borrowing a different device and just try connecting it

see if it works

16:36:32
Gonna see if a friend has a newer tablet.

Yep just try it out if it works, then its your device

If it doesnt then its the remote

16:38:15
I'll try a different device. If not that, then usually remote, not aircraft? Boy, I baby these things too, always move them in a padded box.

Yep correct

16:39:38
Guess that is all I have then

To boil all that down, use a tablet specifically on their list.

I'm not convinced this is the issue yet, but going to try to find something to borrow to test things out.

had issue with the samsung tab A not connecting also. Just picked up a nvidia shield K1 off the nvidia website and it connects with no issue. Price around 240 I think. It is what it is

To boil all that down, use a tablet specifically on their list.

I'm not convinced this is the issue yet, but going to try to find something to borrow to test things out.

I have read all of this with interest. I have a Tab A and have also had all sorts of problems connecting. I can always get it to connect but often have to reboot the A after the others have paired. I have tried all sorts of sequences between the A, controller, and drone and all will work at different times but never boot up in the same sequence twice in a row. Lately my sequence has been to battery up the drone first, then with the tab A on but DJI closed I will fire up the controller and the app opens when the controller and drone pair and all is well. Don't know how long this weird sequence will work but it's worked for the last dozen times or so. I was going nuts for the first two weeks I had the P4 & Tab A but as I said I was always able to get it to work but the sequence of powering up was all over the place. Until this last version (still working) I would power up all three and when I got no connection with the Tab A I only had to reboot the device to get it all to sync.

I don't know if this makes any sense but I would like to find a permanent solution. I was told by the Samsung sales people that each android device is unique in same way within the operating system. This is why some devices work and others don't. I feel the solution has to come from Samsung, maybe through an o.s. update. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and have used it with the P4 a few times without a problem.

Make sure you have unknown sources switched to "on" under lock screen and security in settings. Also I have a couple of usb cables that refuse to allow a connection. Don't know why but they do. So try different cables. I have one cable that works dedicated only for the bird.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So do you guys feel this is a DJIGo problem, or a tablet specific issue?
What are the chances that Litchi, or Ultimate Flight would work as opposed to DJIGo?

FWIW, I have also tried multi cables, and I am working on a different device to test. Sister is out of town, but has a new iphone, and will try that this weekend. Everyone else I know seems to be running slightly older android stuff.

Boy this thread is really scaring me now. I have a P3P and a Samsung Tab A. It has worked well so far. I have learned to power up the drone, and the RC unit. When I get the green light, I turn on the Tab. For me this works every time. I didn't really know there were issues with connectivity until now. I'm worried that I will now be jinxed. The Tab also worked with my P3S.

I can't help be think that there is some setting in the Tab that is wrong. I used my Tab A with my P3P all weekend without problems. It connected instantly every time. My cousin has the Tab A with a P3S. He flew for three batteries on Saturday with out a problem. I would love to know what is causing this.

Reactions: scootrkitz
I bought a Galaxy-3 lite tablet to try and it is not displaying the camera feed clearly, its very pixelated, any suggestions?

deb22e093eb5b9b4418680b7089d6cdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For the Galaxy Tab A, I also have the same model number. I found that the trick of having the tab plugged into the RC but leaving the tab off. Then first turning the RC then the Phantom on, lastly the tab. The Camera button turns blue every time :)

Question for my Galaxy Tab A or Android user, Does your device actually charge off the RC? Or does it have that red X.
If you have a Galaxy Tab A and it is charging, without the red X, what brand of usb cord did you use and where did you get it?
- This might help with some connection issues with the Galaxy Tab A and the RC

Boy this thread is really scaring me now. I have a P3P and a Samsung Tab A. It has worked well so far. I have learned to power up the drone, and the RC unit. When I get the green light, I turn on the Tab. For me this works every time. I didn't really know there were issues with connectivity until now. I'm worried that I will now be jinxed. The Tab also worked with my P3S.

THIS is the solution. Works all the time.

1 - Power On the drone
2- Power On the Unit Control (wait for green lights)
3- Connect the USB Cable On unit and on tab.
4- Power On the Tab.
5- Enjoy your Fly!

Sorry about my poor english!

Reactions: JasonP4
THIS is the solution. Works all the time.

1 - Power On the drone
2- Power On the Unit Control (wait for green lights)
3- Connect the USB Cable On unit and on tab.
4- Power On the Tab.
5- Enjoy your Fly!

Sorry about my poor english!
That worked for me!! Thanks

Samsung devices...

Select Settings, About Device (at bottom) and tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Mode.

Now go back to Settings, Developer Options, USB Configuration and change from MTP to RNDIS.

Hook up your controller and it should work.

I usually have to do the USB configuration change after turning my Samsung tablet off for any reason. I added this to my pre-flight checklist.

This fixed my Samsung connection issues completely.

Galaxy G2 8" tablet and a stock P4 controller. Also use the original Samsung USB cable to rule out any cable issues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RAT1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav