Samsung Tab E R/C connection

Reaction score
You probably have read me mention that I've had trouble getting my Tab E to consistently connect to the RC where I have to powercycle the tablet to get it to connect.. Well when getting ready to fly this morning, I somehow did not need to reboot the tab, it connected and correctly identified my aircraft.

I did some playing around and discovered a few things:
I have a good chance of getting a connection if I powercycle the RC while the tab is connected and on the home screen.
When the connection succeeds, the USB mode is None (charge only) and when it fails, the mode is file transfer (MTS). When in this state I can't change it. I can select None but goes right back to MTS.

I just downgraded my RC to 1.6 from 1.8 in hopes I'd get better distance and thought that might also solve my connection problem. It didn't seem to make a difference with the connection.

At least now I have a possibility to cache map data and have it stick, though it is still Here. However if I can block access to Here on my home network, I might be able to coax Go to lock in on Google instead, and since I don't necessarily have to reboot in the field, it might stay on Google there too even with Wi-Fi internet access.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31