Samsung Tab 2

Reaction score
Can I use my Samsung Tab 2 as my mobile device to run the DJI go app. for my Phantom 3 Standard?

Last edited:
Don't know. Its not on the approved list. But, I'm using a Tab 3.. also not on approved list. Its slow, but it works. You'll just have to try it out and see for yourself.

Can I use my Samsung Tab 2 as my mobile device to run the DJI go app. for my Phantom 3 Standard?
Based on the DJI support website, Samsung TAB 2's are NOT supported. Below is a full list of compatible devices accroding to DJI:
1. iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
2. Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD and Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Ok. There's your official list. However, my Tab 3 is not on the list, and it works. My wife's new Tab A is not on the list, and it works really good. Fast!

Alot work that are not on the list. To make it run smooth you need enough processing power.

I know this is a super old thread. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 that I wanted to use with my P3 Standard. But the tablet wouldn't make it past the "Accept" screen then the screen goes black. After a couple of minutes a window pops up saying "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped". I played around with a couple apps and sideloading APK's but they didn't work. I rooted the tablet and that didn't work either. So, I tried installing a custom rom and that seems like it may work. Now when I open the DJI GO app it goes all of the way to the "Connect your device" screen where you click the camera button.. So it appears it may work. I only found this out last night. I'll do some field testing tomorrow and report back if anyone is interested.

I know this is a super old thread. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 that I wanted to use with my P3 Standard. But the tablet wouldn't make it past the "Accept" screen then the screen goes black. After a couple of minutes a window pops up saying "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped". I played around with a couple apps and sideloading APK's but they didn't work. I rooted the tablet and that didn't work either. So, I tried installing a custom rom and that seems like it may work. Now when I open the DJI GO app it goes all of the way to the "Connect your device" screen where you click the camera button.. So it appears it may work. I only found this out last night. I'll do some field testing tomorrow and report back if anyone is interested.
I bought a TAB S2 a month and a half ago , no problems at all right from the beginning , started with Marshmallow and now on Nougat 7.0 and GO version 3.1.7

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4