Samsung S2 can't connect

Reaction score
I purchase an 8" S2, just for use with my new P4. Now I'm wondering if that was a big mistake. The device is great, but it just doesn't want to connect with the P4. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've figured out that it works if I can make the usb messages box pop up, but that's not consistent either. Once it's connected it works great. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I'd really rather not return it and get a mini, but if a gotta, then I guess I'll deal with it.

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I purchase an 8" S2, just for use with my new P4. Now I'm wondering if that was a big mistake. The device is great, but it just doesn't want to connect with the P4. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've figured out that it works if I can make the usb messages box pop up, but that's not consistent either. Once it's connected it works great. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I'd really rather not return it and get a mini, but if a gotta, then I guess I'll deal with it.

Thanks
Mike

No issues here. Factory reset on the tablet maybe?

Well, I might try that, but it really is factory fresh. Nothing on it but dji go, brand new out of the box. I really, really, don't want to switch it out for a mini.... But, I tried using a friend's iPad, and it world flawless.... It also works flawless on my phone, so I'm not sure why this tablet would have issues. I read to try switch USB debug on. I'll give that a shot.

Mike

Tried everything I can think of, including a factory reset, and some other applications. I think they all use the same api, so have the same problem. It connects sometimes, but it's not consistant at all... maybe 5%. I've been trying to find a set of actions that always works, but so far no luck...

Mike

Tried everything I can think of, including a factory reset, and some other applications. I think they all use the same api, so have the same problem. It connects sometimes, but it's not consistant at all... maybe 5%. I've been trying to find a set of actions that always works, but so far no luck...

Mike
Had the same or very similar issue with my s2 9.7. What enabled me to connect was turning on developers tools via settings, then in there checking on usb debug. Then reboot tablet. It would then connect BUT my screen would freeze up. I took it back to Costco and bought an iPad. GAWD I hate Apple products [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried that too ... The USB debug didn't seem to help. They released a new version of go yesterday, maybe it'll fix the issue.... I really don't want to buy a mini. I just don't like them...

Okay, after much experimentation, I've found a combination that works consistantly. Hopefully this will help others trying to use the s2.

-Start Phantom

-Open settings settings/programs, and force stop dji go

-Click on memory, and clear the cache

-Start DJI go

-Plug in usb, and turn on controller

-Do Not associate the usb to dji go, (click ok, but not the checkbox)

Then cross your fingers and hope that you get the blue button.

Is there an easier way? Maybe. It's my hope that a software update will fix this issue in the near future, but this will keep things working until then.

-Mike-

Got a 8" S2 (rooted to remove bloat) and never a problem with anything, I run "shutapp" and clean ram just before I'm ready to connect .

DJI Go 2.7.2
USB debugging enabled on tablet and in DJI GO app settings.

Also have "force GPU rendering" on and lowered animation scale to 0.5x

Stable and fast

Well... I wish I had that experience. Maybe rooting it is "the fix", but really, that's pretty extremely for something that is supposed to work out of the box. Then again, I can see why rooting samsung devices would be enticing. I just switched to a s7 and it already has tons of unnecessary junk on it and more had been added (some kind of office software that I can delete? What's up with that?)

Anyway, the tab s2 should work just as well as my phone, but it's not even close. My phone connects pretty much everytime. The S2 almost never connects.

Still haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not. It seems more frustrating than it's worth. Mini 2s are pretty cheap and you only lose the follow me feature. I wasn't planning on using that anyway. I'm just an apple hater, so I don't want to give in, but it's obviously the better platform for this application.

Mike

Just exchange it for another one, yours could be defective! Mine worked just fine out of the box, I only rooted to delete everything else I did not need since I only use it for flying.

Mine has NEVER not connected, maybe a defective USB cable/port!

The only issue I have is it won't get the maps with GPS alone, I need to be tethered or connected via wifi and then cash the maps but that might be due to my location.

Last edited:
I think that's normal. GPS is just location, it doesn't transmit maps...

You might be right on the port, but once it connects, it works fine and doesn't disconnect. I'd think I would have disconnects if the USB port was bad. I can check it with a pc, but I'm not sure what that would prove.

If I knew it was just this one I would exchange it in a heartbeat. It's a very nice tablet.

Last edited:
38c6c6c6af74db4e7d2503f461c4a238.jpg

I got my Note 4 to connect once, could not get it to connect again. I'll try again with the an older app version, then the new one. I suspect an app issue.

edit:
After flying, and activating, with the Ipad version, Android 2.8.2 works fine on my Note4. I spent hours trying to connect prior to activating with the IOS version of the app. Maybe borrow an iPhone or IPAD?

Last edited:
@Viper that could be the issue, I have no problems with DJI GO 2.7.2 (AC on 1.40)

I use my S2 for flying and my note 4 for litchi VR, they both work great.

Attachments

• 1468111314138.jpg
    1468111314138.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for the ideas. I have connected to 2 different ipads without issue. I have to think that there is something in the s2 software that is causing the problem. It's just so weird that it works fine on other devices, like my Samsung phone. I tried the app killer, and that works, but I couldn't fine a cache cleaner that actually cleaned out all of the cache. That's also odd, as they say they do, but when I checked the app manager the cache wasn't 0. I think I'll take it back while I still can and just use my phone for now. Maybe get a mini 2 while they are on sell.

Thanks again!
Mike

What android version do you have on your s2?
Mine is on MM 6.0.1

Last edited:
It was updated to the latest, but I'm not sure about the actual number.

Thanks
Mike

I have a 9.7 S2, and I have exactly the same issue as you. Often doesn't connect, so removing the USB cable so that the "USB Default" nag screen comes up. Clicking OK, everything works great. No disconnects at all after that, even changing batteries in the P4. Next time out same issue with connecting.

Another issue due to this is that when I tried to update the firmware for the P4, I connect the P4 and the nag screen flashes up, and continues to flash on and off, and nothing can be done.

I've managed to update to the latest upgrade on the P4 last night using DJI Assistant 2. Will have to check how everything is working tomorrow as it's way too windy for a flight today.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj