Samsung GearVR

FYI I do have a note 4 and looked into this. But I'm fairly certain whatever you use this for, the app needs to be able to display everything side-by-side much like a passive 3d television. The way it works is, the two lenses line up directly with each image on each side to create a stereoscopic view.

So you won't be able to view just anything regularly as if it were virtual reality. Bummer, I know.

Google Cardboard has been out for a while now, the Gear VR is the same concept.

lsteigerwalt said:
Well that blows. I stopped at best buy to see if they had any for demo and nope...no one has them yet...

I just ordered a pair on Wednesday from AT&T. It seems every other vendor had sold out of the limited first shipment.

However I don't think they can be used for FPV for the reasons stated above.

HailStorm said:
lsteigerwalt said:
Well that blows. I stopped at best buy to see if they had any for demo and nope...no one has them yet...

I just ordered a pair on Wednesday from AT&T. It seems every other vendor had sold out of the limited first shipment.

Please let us know if it works or not...kinda limiting if they dont have a way of running reg 2d apps without funky issues...I know you can press a button and get the camera on the phone to work and show you the outside world so maybe just maybe there is a way to make it work...keeping my fingers crossed :)

lsteigerwalt said:
HailStorm said:
lsteigerwalt said:

Please let us know if it works or not...kinda limiting if they dont have a way of running reg 2d apps without funky issues...I know you can press a button and get the camera on the phone to work and show you the outside world so maybe just maybe there is a way to make it work...keeping my fingers crossed :)

Unfortunately I won't be able to test it as I'm not a PV owner. I own the Phantom 1 and the P2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1