Samsung Galaxy tab s2

And the answer is, fine. ;)
I use a Galaxy S2 9.7" commercially with all of my A/C and it performs very well. As with any Android device running any of these flight apps, make sure you close everything else running in the background. I keep this tablet dedicated for flying. It still features one of the best/brightest tablet screens available and has plenty of horsepower for these apps. I'm waiting on the bigger Crystal Sky monitor to become available once any early bugs are worked-out. Until then, I'm very pleased with the performance of this tablet and the big screen real estate.
VenomCharger.png

Awesome & nice setup. Thanks for the feedback bc i didnt want iOS Apple wanted to stick with Android i like the external storage for sd cards it gives you.

Awesome & nice setup. Thanks for the feedback bc i didnt want iOS Apple wanted to stick with Android i like the external storage for sd cards it gives you.
No problem. You should be happy with this choice. I have quite a few hours logged and have only had one recent issue in very cold weather, which I believe would have been with ANY tablet. The S2 is a workhorse.

No problem. You should be happy with this choice. I have quite a few hours logged and have only had one recent issue in very cold weather, which I believe would have been with ANY tablet. The S2 is a workhorse.
And it's OK with litchi?

Neon Euc

I've run Litchi without any issue. I just personally prefer the GO app for my missions. If you're switching back and forth, you MUST make sure the other app is closed.

Reactions: Neon Euc
After tryg so many other tablets to no avail i finally feel optimistic & have a sense of hope that this S2 gonna work for me. Verizon did tell me i have 14days to turn it in with no restocking fee if im not oleased with it

Reactions: JazzAir
After tryg so many other tablets to no avail i finally feel optimistic & have a sense of hope that this S2 gonna work for me. Verizon did tell me i have 14days to turn it in with no restocking fee if im not oleased with it
Yepp, that's the key. Get it out and test away while you're within that return policy. The few S2 owners out here have all seemed pretty happy with their decisions over the past year. It performed flawlessly with my P3P and, so far, has worked very well with the P4P. I've experienced pretty low latency when their was not sources of high interference nearby. Having available 5.8Ghz now is a huge plus in the signal department. You never know when people have directional WiFi transmitters mounted outside of their house to shoot out to the lake (yeah, that happened...)

I got my eye on this beauty with 4GB of ram and 32GB rom

Price is great and to be honest... I bought so many phones imported from China with no problems. Check out the ulefone power and see what it can do and for the price. That's why I will never buy flagship phones again.
1486357949828.png

Neon Euc

And the answer is, fine. ;)
I use a Galaxy S2 9.7" commercially with all of my A/C and it performs very well. As with any Android device running any of these flight apps, make sure you close everything else running in the background. I keep this tablet dedicated for flying. It still features one of the best/brightest tablet screens available and has plenty of horsepower for these apps. I'm waiting on the bigger Crystal Sky monitor to become available once any early bugs are worked-out. Until then, I'm very pleased with the performance of this tablet and the big screen real estate.View attachment 75468
I have been using a Galaxy tab A and it worked fine except for a lack of screen sensitivity.
I have just bought a Galaxy S2 9.7 and I cannot for the life of me get it to connect to DJI Go 4. The drone is connected to the controller and there is a green quick flash(2) from the drone, so that appears to be working ok. I can also start the motors using the controller. There is just no connection between the tab and the controller.
Am I missing something really obvious whilst changing tabs?

Regards, John.

I have been using a Galaxy tab A and it worked fine except for a lack of screen sensitivity.
I have just bought a Galaxy S2 9.7 and I cannot for the life of me get it to connect to DJI Go 4. The drone is connected to the controller and there is a green quick flash(2) from the drone, so that appears to be working ok. I can also start the motors using the controller. There is just no connection between the tab and the controller.
Am I missing something really obvious whilst changing tabs?

Regards, John.
With DJI Go 4 on the newer Tab S2 (mine is SM-T813) - I have experienced it not recognizing the USB connection. Enable Developer mode and then via the developer menu, set USB to RNDIS (no need for USB debugging), then reconnect. Mine changes back and forth sometimes - but always seems to default to MTP, and the DJI GO 4 app does not recognize it in that mode.

With DJI Go 4 on the newer Tab S2 (mine is SM-T813) - I have experienced it not recognizing the USB connection. Enable Developer mode and then via the developer menu, set USB to RNDIS (no need for USB debugging), then reconnect. Mine changes back and forth sometimes - but always seems to default to MTP, and the DJI GO 4 app does not recognize it in that mode.

I have the same problem and use the same solution -- a bit frustrating that in this day and age problems with comm sync is still an issue.

Brian

Thank you for that info. My tab is the same SM-T813, it didn't quite work out exactly. I did find another answer though on Youtube (andy.davin
) and that was to power off the tab, switch on the drone and the controller, then power on the tab. All working fine.
I think that you are probably on the right track with it being a USB setting issue though.

Regards, John.

Reactions: Maddy
Got my S2 this evening and up feeling so fustrated trying to get it to connect to Go or Litchi. I do e my homework & changed the usb bebugging to ON etc. Anyone willing to help me it will be greatly appreciated. Thank

Got my S2 this evening and up feeling so fustrated trying to get it to connect to Go or Litchi. I do e my homework & changed the usb bebugging to ON etc. Anyone willing to help me it will be greatly appreciated. Thank

Make sure "developer options" is enabled -- Google it to find out how. Leave USB debugging off.

Turn on the RC and the drone then..

Go to the section called "USB configuration" within the developer options and change the setting to "RNDIS".

The Go app may pop up at this point and if "Go Fly" is available then you're all set. If Go Fly is not available go back into USB configuration and try again. It can take a few shots but usually within a couple tries you get the Go Fly option and all is well.

I wish the DJI would fix this as it's a problem that's been around for a while and is not limited to just one tablet or phone. It's unlikely that Samsung is at fault but I don't know that for sure. Seems to me there's a problem negotiating the comm sync and it's my guess that DJI is at fault.

Brian

Thanks Brian im getting ready to try it again right now. Im suppose to meet some new pilot friends tomorrow & trying hard to have my setup wrkg correctly.

I suppose there is no way to make it stay at RNDIS? I can connect periodically but have to keep cutting off/on, changing from usb charging to RNDIS, take isb out of tablet put back in, etc til i finally get connected. This sucks HEEEELLLLPPP PLEASE

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl