Samsung Galaxy Tab A & DJI Go 4 issues

Reaction score
I previously was using my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with the initial DJI Go app and it was working great. Now I have a Phantom 4 Pro and it just won't get past the home page and the disconnect message. This is my main tablet for my flying so really need it to work on this one. Have managed to connect on an andriod phone and iPad fine. This is what I have done so far:
- Checked the developer settings and usb debugging are active.
- Un installed and re installed the app a number of times, including removing the old DJI Go.
- Tried a number different methods of turning on and off my tablet, aircraft and rc remote.- Tried a number of different cables. Since I have got this working on andriod phone don't think its the cable.

Any other things I can try?

Same relative problem here.

Galaxy Tab E. Works great when I can get it to sync with the controller. Once it does connect, and I can fly the first mission, it will work all day long (or in my case all 5 batteries) with no further problems.

I've got one more thing to "test" to see if it "fixes" the problem and will report back here, probably tomorrow. It's worked for two days but I want to do another "overnight" shut down and restart to make sure.

AD

OK, I've been doing a lot of testing tonight.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E, DJI Go4 and everything is "up to date". I have not downgraded anything.

Although I can start up in pretty much any order when using the iPad to fly, the Tab E (Android) has given me problems since Day 1. It eventually does come online and stays online as long as I don't turn anything off other than turning off the drone while replacing the battery.

So, my "solution" to the Tab E problem looks like this. It has worked at least 25 times AFTER I've had a problem with a normal start. I wanted to make sure I wasn't just restarting with a good connection.

If the tablet is already on, turn it off.
Connect Controller to Tablet. Turn ON the RC controller. Start the Tablet.

When the popup shows stating "Open DJI Go4 app when the USB accessory is connected?" shows up, click OK. (I do not have it set to use it as the default USB accessory).

DJI Go4 will start and the BLUE "Enter Device" should now show up on the lower right side of your screen.

Turn on the P4 and you're good to go after the warm up.

If you should run into a problem later in the day and the Tablet has not been turned off, just plug in the Controller to the Tablet and RESTART the tablet. The results should come out the same as a cold start.

I just tested this one more time while writing this and it worked again, so that's 26 starts without a problem.

Recap:

Turn on Controller while connected to Tablet. Start (or restart) the tablet. Click on OK when the USB request comes up.
Wait for BLUE "Enter Device" tab shows up. (Should be immediate as the app starts). Turn on copter.

Here's hoping this helps those using the Samsung Tablets.

AD

As a follow up, I fired up the P4 this morning using the previously mentioned technique and it came right up without a hitch at all.

AD

That's the only way I can get the tab E to connect with GO app.
I brought this to DJI's attention when they contacted me about beta testing the 3.1.2 fix.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can confirm that this works for the Samsung Tab A with the DJI GO4 app.

I have had the same problem and this is the first solution. Pain but at least it works now. Thank you AWD.

Not exactly on thread but very related, I also can not have both the GO and GO4 apps installed at the same time on my Samsung S5, I must un-install one, restart then use the other, repeat to use the first app again, pain but at least it works.

I previously was using my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with the initial DJI Go app and it was working great. Now I have a Phantom 4 Pro and it just won't get past the home page and the disconnect message. This is my main tablet for my flying so really need it to work on this one. Have managed to connect on an andriod phone and iPad fine. This is what I have done so far:
- Un installed and re installed the app a number of times, including removing the old DJI Go.
- Tried a number different methods of turning on and off my tablet, aircraft and rc remote.- Tried a number of different cables. Since I have got this working on andriod phone don't think its the cable.

Initially started with the Tablet A and nothing but issues. Apparently it is not on the supported list of devices to use per DJI. Switched to IPad mini 4 2 months ago and flawless since. Spent 300 plus for iPad and kind of wishing I went with Pro+ with built in screen.

OK, I've been doing a lot of testing tonight.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E, DJI Go4 and everything is "up to date". I have not downgraded anything.

Although I can start up in pretty much any order when using the iPad to fly, the Tab E (Android) has given me problems since Day 1. It eventually does come online and stays online as long as I don't turn anything off other than turning off the drone while replacing the battery.

So, my "solution" to the Tab E problem looks like this. It has worked at least 25 times AFTER I've had a problem with a normal start. I wanted to make sure I wasn't just restarting with a good connection.

If the tablet is already on, turn it off.
Connect Controller to Tablet. Turn ON the RC controller. Start the Tablet.

When the popup shows stating "Open DJI Go4 app when the USB accessory is connected?" shows up, click OK. (I do not have it set to use it as the default USB accessory).

DJI Go4 will start and the BLUE "Enter Device" should now show up on the lower right side of your screen.

Turn on the P4 and you're good to go after the warm up.

If you should run into a problem later in the day and the Tablet has not been turned off, just plug in the Controller to the Tablet and RESTART the tablet. The results should come out the same as a cold start.

I just tested this one more time while writing this and it worked again, so that's 26 starts without a problem.

Recap:

Turn on Controller while connected to Tablet. Start (or restart) the tablet. Click on OK when the USB request comes up.
Wait for BLUE "Enter Device" tab shows up. (Should be immediate as the app starts). Turn on copter.

Here's hoping this helps those using the Samsung Tablets.

AD
Jolly good! Works for me thanks!

This thread is a bit old, but if anyone is having issues with the Samsung Tab A, just close all other apps. The TAB A has limited RAM, compared to other higher end phones and tablets, but will run just fine if all other apps are closed. Restarting frees up memory, but I've found as long as it's the only app running it works perfectly without the need to restart. Even more reliable in fact than my much more powerful and supported Note 4 phone.

If A and E are similar, putting into airplane mode may help too.
Last weekend my TAB E Wi-Fi only kept getting frozen video which contributed to my crashing into a tree. Turning off Wi-Fi seemed to improve the issue.
1. It was connecting to my dads Wi-Fi which may have been low signal due to my being outside.
2. I have OneDrive sync the videos to cloud and didn't realize I still had that enabled.
Between these two, tablet was probably spending enough resources in a slow sync that not enough was available for video rendering.
I had line of sight so I should have been able to avoid hitting the tree but it was a point of interest (not the mode) and lost perspective of how close I really was. Having video might have had me realize I was too close.

I usually have my Wifi turned off too on the Tab A, and the cell phone data connectivity on. I have no issues with this combination.

Hi there, I was wondering what model of Samsung Galaxy Tab A you have; I got the 7" inch 4G 1.5 Ghz CPU model SM-T285 and right now I'm using with my P3A but I may upgrade to P4 soon. Please let me know. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik