Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch Tablet compatibility

To All ... Thanx! Awesome!

I initially favored the Adv because of cost and considered the 2.7K to more than adequate for my needs or application. For about another $260, some of the upgrades seem worth it .. 4K being the lesser. I understand that only the Pro has dynamic return in that the P3 returns to the controller where as the Adv can only (which is still very kool) GPS return to home. Is the Pro's dynamic return ability in addition to a GPS-return choice or is it just dynamic return? I like the concept of dynamic return if one is on a boat. Thoughts?

Thanx. I have a i7. Of course, for me, rendering also includes titling, FX, color adjustments, etc. Yeah .. not surprised at that 25min time. Is that the time using the DJI GO or are you using a 3rd party .. Premiere,etc? And again .. thanx! That's not a scary rendering time. I had a fellow graphics artist tell me that there was a noticeable difference between 2.7K and 4K rendering times. I don't know what you do with your output at that resolution. One thing that initially swayed me towards a Adv was the 1080p which would be stunning on the vast majority of TV's at home. An insight .. one of my plans is for weddings. And then I read this editorial from CNET regarding 4K TVs. Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid - CNET Thanx for helping me make the best decision for my needs.

You should consider the Appsung it's a new hybrid on the market, one of our flyers here ViperNuke got 1 yesterday, I wouldn't go near him yet as we BUTTER leave him space to see how he gets on with it
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447980107.340984.jpg

Thanx. I have a i7. Of course, for me, rendering also includes titling, FX, color adjustments, etc. Yeah .. not surprised at that 25min time. Is that the time using the DJI GO or are you using a 3rd party .. Premiere,etc? And again .. thanx! That's not a scary rendering time. I had a fellow graphics artist tell me that there was a noticeable difference between 2.7K and 4K rendering times. I don't know what you do with your output at that resolution. One thing that initially swayed me towards a Adv was the 1080p which would be stunning on the vast majority of TV's at home. An insight .. one of my plans is for weddings. And then I read this editorial from CNET regarding 4K TVs. Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid - CNET Thanx for helping me make the best decision for my needs.
One way to look at it is that if you shoot at 4K, but render to 1080, you have essentially 4x zoom in post processing without loosing any quality at 1080. So you have TONS of room to mess with tilt and motion within that 4K video that is all withing a 1080 frame. No different than shooting stills at 36MP. (Nikon D810) It gives us a HUGE amount of data to manipulate and blow up before any real loss is notices.

Reactions: richardtomcat
I understand that only the Pro has dynamic return in that the P3 returns to the controller where as the Adv can only (which is still very kool) GPS return to home. Is the Pro's dynamic return ability in addition to a GPS-return choice or is it just dynamic return? I like the concept of dynamic return if one is on a boat. Thoughts?
You've mentioned this 3 or 4 times now. Just to be clear, both the P3P and the P3A have the same return capabilities that you mentioned.

Both the P3P and the P3A have built in return to home point, but returning to or following your RC requires having GPS at the RC. Without GPS at the RC, neither the P3P or the P3A have the ability to return to the controller location if it has moved since the home point was set. Android devices normally all have GPS. Apple phones and cellular enabled tablets have GPS. A wifi only tablet will not provide the GPS at the RC you'll need for those functions unless you add an external GPS device.

You've mentioned this 3 or 4 times now. Just to be clear, both the P3P and the P3A have the same return capabilities that you mentioned.

Both the P3P and the P3A have built in return to home point, but returning to or following your RC requires having GPS at the RC. Without GPS at the RC, neither the P3P or the P3A have the ability to return to the controller location if it has moved since the home point was set. Android devices normally all have GPS. Apple phones and cellular enabled tablets have GPS. A wifi only tablet will not provide the GPS at the RC you'll need for those functions unless you add an external GPS device.
Yes... What he said!

I saw a video that said the P3P had the ability to return to the controller stating it was a nice feature if one is in a boat and that the P3A did not have this ability .. it could only return to GPS coordinates. Guess I'm not making myself clear here.

I saw a video that said the P3P had the ability to return to the controller stating it was a nice feature if one is in a boat and that the P3A did not have this ability .. it could only return to GPS coordinates. Guess I'm not making myself clear here.
You are making yourself clear, its just that what you heard on the video is wrong. Both the P3P and the P3A can return to the controller if you have GPS at the controller. Both can follow the controller if you have GPS at the controller. If you dont have GPS at the controller (its not built in to the controller) then neither the P3P or the P3A can return to or follow the controller.

If you end up going with the Samsung tablet you mentioned in the original post (or any other Android tablet), you WILL have GPS at the controller, so you WILL have those functions with either a P3P or a P3A.

Make sense?

You are making yourself clear, its just that what you heard on the video is wrong. Both the P3P and the P3A can return to the controller if you have GPS at the controller. Both can follow the controller if you have GPS at the controller. If you dont have GPS at the controller (its not built in to the controller) then neither the P3P or the P3A can return to or follow the controller.

If you end up going with the Samsung tablet you mentioned in the original post (or any other Android tablet), you WILL have GPS at the controller, so you WILL have those functions with either a P3P or a P3A.

Make sense?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav