Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016)

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm loving my P3A but I just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) tablet to dedicate just for my drone flying. My wife was getting tired of me stealing her iPad Air all the time. The problem is with the new Samsung tablet I was able to connect to the aircraft but the tablet video gets really glitchy (pixelated) within a few minutes of connecting to the drone. I've only tried this in the house since it's been pretty cold up here in North Dakota. I'm kind of nervous about taking it outside to fly because I'm worried about losing video all together or the tablet actually crashing. Is there anything i can do to smooth out the video and keep it from lagging?

Thanks

Probably not. I also have one of those tablets I got from Costco and it breaks up badly, much worse than my Samsung S6 Edge which also breaks up and sometimes reboots and throws up sundry ads and notices not related to GO. I'm not a Samsung fan having spent money for two devices that really don't work well with the DJI GO. I live in the desert and as it gets hotter, the Samsungs blow chunks on heat issues. Bad OS too to allow for bloatware as it is prone to do with free apps that self-start and consume resources that GO needs.

No doubt you found your wife's iPad Air running much better. Maybe you could make a trade? (haha. Like that will happen!). Maybe you can buy her a new smaller RAM model and take hers saying it's an older model and an upgrade for her.

Reactions: Golfbum
An am an android guy, but I have given up an android and DJI. I have tried several android tablets. All do exactly as you describe. iPad Mini3... smoooooooooth as buttah

My wife has a Tab A 10.1. Until two days ago I was using her Tab to run the simulator with my P3S. That ran really great. Fast and smooth. I never used the Tab A during a live flight, so I can't comment on that.
Now, I have a brand new Nvidia Shield K1. It runs everything great. My wife gets her Tab A back. :)

Well, this thread it is pretty old, but i am the owner of a Galaxy Tab A 2016 too, and i have signal issues... As i tightened the tab holder screw a strong magnet from the back of the tablet grabbed my screwdriver ! So i believe this is the guilty regarding the signal issues!
The tab works great, today i got the Oreo update and it is more smoother and stable the OS, so i won't stop to use it, i will try somehow to remove the magnet, because i don't need it...

Well, this thread it is pretty old, but i am the owner of a Galaxy Tab A 2016 too, and i have signal issues... As i tightened the tab holder screw a strong magnet from the back of the tablet grabbed my screwdriver ! So i believe this is the guilty regarding the signal issues!
The tab works great, today i got the Oreo update and it is more smoother and stable the OS, so i won't stop to use it, i will try somehow to remove the magnet, because i don't need it...
Typically there are no magnets in the tablets themselves, the magnets are in the cases, so if you are using the tablet in its case try removing it. Also a tip for improving video quality and lag is to turn off wifi and in the go app turn off cache video locally. That will decrease the load on the tablets cpu.

Well, this is an exception :) I attached a photo, but @ianzone in this thread also attached one, worth to see that one too :D
The Tab A is octa core, i believe he well manage the cache, but will see when i will finish the rebuild project and get back in the air :)

Attachments

• 20181109_214438.jpg
    20181109_214438.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 183
Well, this is an exception :) I attached a photo, but @ianzone in this thread also attached one, worth to see that one too :D
The Tab A is octa core, i believe he well manage the cache, but will see when i will finish the rebuild project and get back in the air :)
Wow i had to see that to believe it!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj