Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Reaction score
I have an iPad mini2 wifi only. My understanding is that I need to cache maps, follow me mode won't work nor Dynamic Home Point.

Looking at a Galaxy 4 Tab. Will. I Be able to use the features above? It has Glonass, or at least the ad says it does. Anyone using this that can provide pros and cons.

What will be the difference in the DJI GO APP between iOS and Android?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a galaxy tab 4 and it was horrible for lag and app crashing . It couldn't handle the work load of the dji go app. I quit using it long before the follow me and other features were added so I'm not sure if it has a gps module or if you need data on it. I went and bought a nvidia shield tablet and I absolutely love it. It's a beast . The nvidia shield k1 can be bought new for 199 and it doesn't need cellular service. It has a gps module built in. It also has an hdmi output as well. In my opinion for the price it's the best tablet for the p3 on the market .

I have an iPad mini2 wifi only. My understanding is that I need to cache maps, follow me mode won't work nor Dynamic Home Point.

Looking at a Galaxy 4 Tab. Will. I Be able to use the features above? It has Glonass, or at least the ad says it does. Anyone using this that can provide pros and cons.

What will be the difference in the DJI GO APP between iOS and Android?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tab 4 works fine and i bought one for like $50, has gps and you can use follow me/ waypoints/ use the map without caching.

Ive never had lag, but i also have a rooted device with no bloatware.

Ive heard good things about the nvidia shield though.

I chose the Galaxy Tab PRO at the time (6 months ago) due to price and yada yada. I sold my 3yr old iPad mini for the same price I bought the Galaxy Tab Pro for! So in my pocket it was a direct change.

However I went with the Samsung tablet because it comes with GPS chip even only being wifi. Otherwise with an apple product you'd need to have an iPad with cellular which can cost $$$

Being I always have my iPhone with me with easy hot spot - I just borrow data from that device while flying.

Note I wish I got the WHITE tablet over the black. They did not have white at the time after all my hours of researching best tablet for the setup and this is a dedicated tablet for the drone. Naturally I was too lazy to go back and search for a tablet currently avail. in white that would fit my needs/budget.

IMG_0497_zpst7w8mhgg.jpg

I have a galaxy tab 4 and it was horrible for lag and app crashing . It couldn't handle the work load of the dji go app. I quit using it long before the follow me and other features were added so I'm not sure if it has a gps module or if you need data on it. I went and bought a nvidia shield tablet and I absolutely love it. It's a beast . The nvidia shield k1 can be bought new for 199 and it doesn't need cellular service. It has a gps module built in. It also has an hdmi output as well. In my opinion for the price it's the best tablet for the p3 on the market .
I've heard others complain about screen glare. Have you noticed this as a problem. Otherwise reviews have been stellar. I think I would like to order one but am leery of the glare issue.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I just purchased the Galaxy Tab 4 at Best Buy because it was on sale and has GPS/GLONAS. GPS worked with google maps but there was latency and quite a bit of shifting position (about 50 feet on the map) if I moved a little (less than 5 feet). Got DJI GO running without much problem, you need to d/l the app via the DJI support page using the scanner graphic. Config and IMU update and compass Calibrate all done. Launched with no prob and LOS flight no problem. However, severe video lag of about 1.2 seconds. Glare on screen is also very bad even at full power brightness setting compared to new iPad Mini (no GPS). Two test flights at 80 feet, both times GO app will not recognize GPS from the tablet. Tried numerous config changes and new USB cable but kept getting IMU error stating GO app could not connect to the GPS from the tablet. Therefore IMO "follow-me" is not working/reliable which is why I bought the tablet in the first place. Decided to do a 3rd flight at low altitude, 40 feet around the court to bring the Phantom battery down to 50% for storage. Ended up flying right into a tree because poor vis on the screen and the screen latency. I was standing about 150 feet from crash site and doing a gradual circle to return back to the point of takeoff. The tree I clipped was about 2 feet taller than any other and from my vantage point, I could not see the difference or the wideness of the turn. Got the drone back outta the tree with any issues. On the iPad, this never would have happened because the screen is brighter which helps to cut the glare and there is only a barely perceptible video lag.

Bottom line, IMO, I would definitely not recommend using this tablet with your Phantom. The tablet went back to Best Buy.

Cheers.

I've heard others complain about screen glare. Have you noticed this as a problem. Otherwise reviews have been stellar. I think I would like to order one but am leery of the glare issue.
Yeah the shield isn't great in the sun but if you get a good sunshade and glare film for it , it's work great .

Tab s2 8.0 works flawlessly. Tried my old tab 3 7.0, then tab 4 7.0, still slow and laggy. Then S2... perfect

Tab s2 8.0 works flawlessly. Tried my old tab 3 7.0, then tab 4 7.0, still slow and laggy. Then S2... perfect
How did you get the Tab S2 8inch to work? I bought one from Amazon, the play store wouldn't even pull up the Go app. So, I downloaded it and installed it directly out side of the Play store, but when all was connected, it still wouldn't see the Phantom (as though it wasn't connected). I have the larger s2 which works fine, but I like the size of the 8inch. I ended up returning it... I had tried all the things like enabling USB debugging, allowing 3rd party apps... etc.

BTW am using Phantom 3 professional

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31