SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE RESTARTS

Had this problem with my samsung galaxy edge .. The last straw was losing connection (phone tunrned of and went into stand by mode) when i was about half a mile away ... managed to get it back .. Went and got myself a ipad mini 2 cellular. Cant beat it . No problems

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tryed connect it to samsung note 4 and all worked like charm. Samsung has messed up someting badly in firmware update i think.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

Yes you may be on to something there!

Samsung to halt sales, exchanges of Galaxy Note 7 globally
Se Young Lee
18:32 EST Monday, Oct 10, 2016

SEOUL — Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. said on Tuesday it will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 smartphones, further deepening the smartphone company’s recall crisis.

Samsung, in a statement, said it was still investigating recently reported cases of fires in new Note7 devices.

“Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device,” the company said.

Samsung’s decision to pull Note7s off the shelves for the second time in two months underscores the South Korean firm’s struggles to fix its problems. It had already recalled 2.5 million Note7s due to faulty batteries, but the latest reports of damage on the replacement devices is raising fresh doubts about the firm’s quality control abilities.

A person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday Samsung had temporarily halted production of Note7s.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Chairman Elliott Kaye said in a separate statement Samsung was making the right decision by halting sales and exchanges of the device and also urged consumers to stop using all Note7s.

The Korean Agency for Technology and Standards also said consumers should stop using Note7 phones and said it will work with Samsung on future steps.

I have the Samsung S7 Active and mine works great. I have not updated the app even though my phone tells me to do so every now and then. I will not update it till I either have to, or I know the bugs have been worked out. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I have Samsung Galaxy 7, I forgot that I had DJI Go auto update.... recent update caused Samsung reboot ONLY when drone is up in sky flying.... I rerolled back to old version and waiting for hotfix... seems DJI still havent update yet! Im thinking about switch to Litchi... but want to know if Litchi is any good? does it have Live Streaming like DJI Go have?

I have Samsung Galaxy 7, I forgot that I had DJI Go auto update.... recent update caused Samsung reboot ONLY when drone is up in sky flying.... I rerolled back to old version and waiting for hotfix... seems DJI still havent update yet! Im thinking about switch to Litchi... but want to know if Litchi is any good? does it have Live Streaming like DJI Go have?
What is your phone firmware version? Is it usa or international model?

What is your phone firmware version? Is it usa or international model?

Mine is International unlocked phone. Model is SM-G930FD. Firmware is from August 9th.... I checked samsung firmware update, it says its currently updated....

Build number:
G930FXXU1BPH6

Baseband version:
G930FXXU1BPH1

Android version is 6.0.1...

I bought this unlocked phone from Newegg.com website. I live in New York.

How do you roll back to a previous version?

How do you roll back to a previous version?

Clean cache and data from DJI Go app under app manager option, then uninstall that app. Then clean any leftover cache from that app.

Now, go to this DJI GO APK Download - Free undefined APP for Android | APKPure.com and scroll down till you see older version, click on that, then download it to install it. Make sure you uncheck "auto update" on DJI Go before it starts download to new version.

thats how I rerolled. I havent tested to fly my drone with older since there is Samsung firmware update ruins it somehow.

Thanks, I knew about sideloading previous versions but I thought you knew of a way to do it via Google Play.

By the way, I'm on the latest DJI Go 2.9.1 on a S7 Edge and no issues on my end.

Thanks, I knew about sideloading previous versions but I thought you knew of a way to do it via Google Play.

By the way, I'm on the latest DJI Go 2.9.1 on a S7 Edge and no issues on my end.

how? you havent updated samsung firmware?

how? you havent updated samsung firmware?
I am on the latest ATT Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge firmware #MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2. In the beginning, when I first installed DJI Go, I did have the restart issues, but then I reinstalled and the restart issue went away. I made a post exactly what I did, step by step to try and help others, but it looks like someone tried my steps and the issue persisted in their phone.

Anyway, it's Post #14 of this thread if you would like to see what I did.

Reactions: silverdragon00
I am on the latest ATT Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge firmware #MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2. In the beginning, when I first installed DJI Go, I did have the restart issues, but then I reinstalled and the restart issue went away. I made a post exactly what I did, step by step to try and help others, but it looks like someone tried my steps and the issue persisted in their phone.

Anyway, it's Post #14 of this thread if you would like to see what I did.

I see. in my case, Mine is Samsung Galaxy S7, (not edge) and it is international version. I'll test mine first to see, if not workng, then I'll try yours. Right now weather in my area sucks (raining). I'll keep update.... if it is success, then people can check out posts for international version. :)

I'm ready to throw all this crap in the garbage. I haven't used my Phantom in a long time. I fired it up the other day and found out that I needed updates. Then I couldn't get my controller to update, because my phone wasn't picking it up. Switched to my Android tablet and get the updates. Now I can't get anything to work with it. I tried my Note 7 with Litchi and the **** phone doesn't want to detect it. I've tried all the USB settings and it's still not working... Saying "System UI", with no options. It's pissing me off.

Anyone who has a europe version tested it with new dji go 3.0 app?

I have an S7Edge on 6.0.1 with the latest patches. Using Go 2.9.1, I had intermittent random reboot issues, same as everyone has reported.
An update was released recently - DJI GO 3.00. It works but you need to make sure you exit the first app before powering down the Phantom.. If you shut down the phantom first, it will reboot your phone.

I have an S7Edge on 6.0.1 with the latest patches. Using Go 2.9.1, I had intermittent random reboot issues, same as everyone has reported.
An update was released recently - DJI GO 3.00. It works but you need to make sure you exit the first app before powering down the Phantom.. If you shut down the phantom first, it will reboot your phone.
Appreciate the advice. I did update my DJI Go to v3 but I have yet to test it with my P3.

I'm ready to throw all this crap in the garbage. I haven't used my Phantom in a long time. I fired it up the other day and found out that I needed updates. Then I couldn't get my controller to update, because my phone wasn't picking it up. Switched to my Android tablet and get the updates. Now I can't get anything to work with it. I tried my Note 7 with Litchi and the **** phone doesn't want to detect it. I've tried all the USB settings and it's still not working... Saying "System UI", with no options. It's pissing me off.

at this point I would not be using litchi as it is 3rd party software.
it is not set up for updateing the phantom and rc
all that must be done with dji go app.

fwiw the note 7 has issues and may not be best option!

good luck and have fun flying!

Ive been googling around and found thread that MAY be fix the issue of Samsung. It depends how well it is with new version and firmware.

All you need is, TURN OFF "Fast Charging" under Battery setting on Samsung. Try to test it with your drone to see if it works for you guys. DJI needs to fix this crap till then so for now, just do this to turn off option.
Ive yet to test my drone due to weather in my area.... been raining for almost week and weekend.... ^_^

Relay back if it works for you guys or not.

Ive been googling around and found thread that MAY be fix the issue of Samsung. It depends how well it is with new version and firmware.

All you need is, TURN OFF "Fast Charging" under Battery setting on Samsung. Try to test it with your drone to see if it works for you guys. DJI needs to fix this crap till then so for now, just do this to turn off option.
Ive yet to test my drone due to weather in my area.... been raining for almost week and weekend.... ^_^

Relay back if it works for you guys or not.
is this still stable since you turned off fast charging?
was going to get an exynos S7 but now im worried ;-)

is this still stable since you turned off fast charging?
was going to get an exynos S7 but now im worried ;-)

my phone is international version August security firmware. Tested with fast charging off and 2.8.3 dji go. it did reboot phone. If your phone is not international version, but locked phone (US carrier locked phone), I dont know for sure if it works. Someone can test that for you if any. ^_^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic