Samsung Galaxy s3 and s5 connection with gimbal

Reaction score
I have been trying to find someone who can tell me how do I have to setup my galaxy phone to work witn my Phantoms 2 vision and vision + ?
I have all firmware upgraded, I connect to wi-fi but in DJI vision app when I input camera all I get is Phantom Connection Broken I go back to main
screen and shows wi-fi is connected to it. Help I havent been able to use FPV since I bought them.I can't find any help. Phone is in Airplane mode, in a field so not other wi-fi????? Camera worked the first time once for 15'seconds, but hasn't since.

Go in the DJI app on the phone > settings > and change the preview quality to 640x480 @ 15fps or drop to lower res 320x240.
640x480 @ 30fps seems to be troublesome or laggy.

Are you sure that you have paired your Phantom to your Range Extender ?

yes, phone says connected to it, app shows connected but once I try camera mode it 's connection is broken? I read many other posts on You tube with same problem but nobodys found the fix that I can find, like I said it worked one time but never again. DJI dosen't respond to my e-mail either. So I can't use phone at all, no Idea how many satellites or anything just fly by sight and hope it stays up but no filming with camera it's been 3 weeks now no cure yet.
I am in airplane mode set it to lowest resolution at 15ps to.

rogerm1231 said:
yes, phone says connected to it, app shows connected but once I try camera mode it 's connection is broken? I read many other posts on You tube with same problem but nobodys found the fix that I can find, like I said it worked one time but never again. DJI dosen't respond to my e-mail either. So I can't use phone at all, no Idea how many satellites or anything just fly by sight and hope it stays up but no filming with camera it's been 3 weeks now no cure yet.
I am in airplane mode set it to lowest resolution at 15ps to.

Make sure you update the latest DJI app and firmware 3.06. If it is, uninstall and reinstall..
Make sure you have 3gigs free on your device.
Try another phone maybe.
If else fail,
Can you then please do a screen capture on your phone and post it here. Do you still the telemetry?
You most like have a damaged wifi module or the antennas aren't plugged in.
The other is the notorious no FPV screen. I'll find the thread later as this forum has a crap search function.

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Sony Xperia Z3, the phone just cannot hold a connection with the range extender. Ive tried it with my iPad and HTC phone and it works just fine.

I use a Galaxy S5 with the p2v+ and everything works. I disable "Location" services, and it was recommended to me that "Mobile Data" be switched off, as well.

However, "Mobile Data" didn't seem to be a problem for me, in the final analysis. The "Mobile Data" advice had to do with Ground Station / "Phantom Connection Broken" problems when I tried to cache maps. The real problem, I found later, is that my home is near the outer edge of the PDX International Airport restricted airspace circle. Every time I tried to zoom in to levels that would be useable for waypoint insertion, it would break the Phantom connection. My flying field of choice is a few miles further away, and there it was no problem. At the field I tried switching "Mobile Data," both on and off and it made no difference, it worked either way.

Disabling location services helped. Using 320x240 15fps is important, because the higher quality rates take longer to update on the screen, and the latency drives me nuts, with some drop outs causing complete loss, once in awhile.

My p2v+ stock setup, and the Galaxy S5 combination work just fine. I can control the camera, start/stop recording, monitor all flight telemetry, sats, etc., switch back and forth between Ground Station mission progress, and camera without any issues.

-Dale-

rogerm1231 said:
I have been trying to find someone who can tell me how do I have to setup my galaxy phone to work witn my Phantoms 2 vision and vision + ?
I have all firmware upgraded, I connect to wi-fi but in DJI vision app when I input camera all I get is Phantom Connection Broken I go back to main
screen and shows wi-fi is connected to it. Help I havent been able to use FPV since I bought them.I can't find any help. Phone is in Airplane mode, in a field so not other wi-fi????? Camera worked the first time once for 15'seconds, but hasn't since.

I've had similar issues, but they existed before I upgraded to the S5 this week. I created other posts asking for help, and one reply, which I haven't tried yet, it to try flying in a different location. I've been trying to resolve this issue at home, which is where it started.... my attitude was (is) if I can't have "all system go" before I pack up and head out, why go out?.... but it is worth a shot.

My suggestions, as others have previously said:
- Turn off mobile data
- Turn off location services
- Set the video preview to lowest setting (320X168 @ 15fps)
- Rebind the camera (actually the wifi module and range extender)

I also replaced the wifi module within the Phantom (I have a V2+) and that helped.... that was after seeing the issue deteriorate over a period of 2 or 3 weeks while using my old Galaxy Nexus.

I shared earlier, but I have an Galaxy s4. I had a similar problem. I definitely was connected to the Phantom Wifi network but I was getting "Phantom connection broken" error. Phantom Connection broken implies that there is a problem with the 5.8MHz transmitter, right? Some thoughts:

1. Kill all other apps on your Samsung device
2. Do a fresh install of the DJI vision app (delete the old one)
3. Verify you have and maintain wifi connection to the PHantom network
4. Make sure the antennae are connected inside the Phantom to the 5.8MHz transmitter
5. Be sure antennae wires are ok coming out of the Phantom
6. Be certain that you have re-paired your Phantom and repeater and that you click the click-box and "save" for the pairing. Even if you did it once, do it again.

That's where I'd start.

I've been using the S3 and now the S5 with no problems with the vision+, i'd be temped to say that your copter is at fault but as you got the vision and vision+ then the problem must be with your phones, this is very strange as it is both the s3 and s5 not working for you? I only put mine in airplane mode in my old s3 and the new s5.
What size and speed sd card is in the vision+?

I use a S5 one thing I do is make sure to forget any WiFi connection that it may jump on after breaking connection with the phantom like my home network when flying at home and my hot spot connection when flying away but with the hot spot connection turned on everything hads always worked fine with preview setting turned to the max resolution. I do have FPVLR antennas though so that may help I guess

32 gig card. Using I tried my IPad with same problem. All new updates I bought this from a Doctor who had a Motorola phone and it worked fine he just used this one day for filming an event while his drone was getting repairs. He has been helping me for 3 wks and we can't get it to stay connected. I live in the country and no power lines are around either. Like I said before it connected the initial first time for about 15 seconds then never again. I have all up date made camera also in vision assistant it shows everything's updated. I'm going to try some more. Thanks guys will keep you posted

Hey I don't know what I did that made my camera working with phone. I did re-download firmwares again. It's now connected but FPV keeps on going off and on I'm going to try it in different location, I'll keep you posted.

Hi guys, well I don't know what to do anymore, I did all your suggestions I'm locked in to the range extender wi-fi for sure, have a 32gb sd card in it, redid firmwares, updated camera firmware, shut off everything I can on phones. I was able to in my house 3 times today on both phones got FPV working .so I took Phantom outside to fly it and camera no longer worked on both phones! It can't be in extender or Phantoms as I own both the vision and vision plus and DJI Vision has same problem again I spent 5 hrs today trying to stay connected and get it to work again with no luck, I think it has to be the vision app not geared to galaxy phones as if you go to google play vision app and read reviews of app everyone has the same problem as me have galaxy phones. will a tablet work if so what makes models as I own a few different ones I did try my Ipad 3 but that did same thing, it has the new ios update on that to. Anymore ideas? I can't have two bad phantoms hardware.I drove to different country locations with same problem. Oh I did even get the Phantom Boost app and that connected when I was able to connect earlier, but that dosen't connect to phantom it will to range wi-fi extender though now???

What version of the assistant software are you using? i would also not keep trying to connect in the house as there could be interference.
Lots of us use galaxy phones successfully and dji recommend them, never had any problems with my S3 or S5 with the vision+ or fc40.
Can you give us any screenshots?

i have had similar issues.
replaced camera module after loss of fpv connection ( picture and telemetry) sent me into tree
i have tried both gs4 and ipad, i can bind new camera with gs4 only for a minute
i am close to airport so may try to go elsware( interestingly this all worked fine out the box. with both ipad and gs4
i have not updated the phantom or the tx
the assistant may have updated. i will have to try to downgrade the assistant app on gs4 ( i think it is hard on an unjailbroken ipad )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl