Samsung (Android), binding, connection issues.

Reaction score
Total technophobe idiot here, best get that out of the way first.

Only heard about flying helicopters a week ago and now I own one, so understand diddly about them or the technology. So please, if you are able to help, please assume you are talking to a total numpty, I won`t be offended, honest.

Yesterdays issue was Samsung Galaxy S3 was connected to extender, but camera icon on app was either greyed out or when occasionally it worked, it said there was no sim card, which there clearly was. No other info appeared to be being recieved from the Phantom.

Today spoke to dealer (UK), who mentioned binding and QR code. Hadn`t even noticed it on the box. Anyway, gone through the QR code routine and today's issues are, in no particular order....

1. Finding it harder to stay connected to extender.

2. Gone through binding which said it was successful, gone back to icons to find camera still greyed out and wifi connection lost, gone back to binding page and it is saying no info, so had to go through qr process again.

3. When connected to extender, hitting the app just takes me to the wifi screen where it is clearly telling me that it is connected to Phantom. When this happens there appears to be no way to get back to the app.

All of the above happens randomly when I start the process again and again and again....... :D

I have tried turning everything on and off numerous times, re-setting extender etc. I assume that things need to be done in a specific order but not sure what that might be and what needs to be switched on/off during the various parts of the process.

I have a Asus 7in tablet that is `not supported`. Borrowed a 2nd gen Ipad only to find No Ipad app is available. If I could afford it I would just go out and buy an iphone.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Switch on order: transmitter, extender, phantom. Leave couple seconds between each step.

A lot of those issues sound exactly the same as those I had when I replaced my camera. In my case it was as simple as the jack plug in the back of the camera not being fully seated. Suggest you check that.

Thanks for the replies.

The plug in the camera is in properly. Have tried that sequence at start up.

The latest situation is that now I am back to where I was yesterday. The binding page now says ......
SSID FC200 008ca7
MAC 60:60:1F:00:8C:A7

Camera icon is now available but when app opens there is a Triangle with exclamation mark in the centre flashing in the middle of the screen. When I press either photo or video button it says `No SD card`.
Wifi is staying connected.

It is not just about the camera as no info is being recieved by the app.

Very frustrating, not even tried flying the thing yet.

Steve

I would go into the WiFi on your phone and forget all the WiFi for dji and then try again following the steps properly this time

Sent from my S4

Thanks, yes, tried that.

Now the camera icon is greyed out and when I go to the bind page, after a few seconds it says

Bind
Get Repeater Info Failed

It has a `Yes` button I have to hit which takes me back to the settings page.

It is as though the wifi is saying it is connected to the Phantom when it isn`t. But that might not be possible. Who Knows.

Or maybe the extender is not talking to the Phantom. Just took another look at the instructions and there is no process for linking the two so I assume it is done in the factory.

The instructions say the wifi name for the extender should be Phantom_1?????? he also mentions that in one of the dji videos "they all start with a 1" mine starts with a 6.

Steve

Your instructions are a little out of date. All initial units were shipped with SSID Phantom_1xxxxx. Sometime after December this was changed to Phantom_6xxxxx (we don't know why). Anyway this was causing confusion and finally DJI updated the latest version of the manual (1.12) to include references to both _1 and _6.

Either is correct, depending on what you had out of the box.

Have u updated all firmwares needed?

Thanks again for the replies.

The answer to the last two questions is no.

Formatting the card did cross my mind (I think at about 4am), but wasn`t sure whether it mattered if it was ormatted in my PC and not in the camera. I suppose not so will get that done.

As for the firmware, there was nothing in the instructions that I can see to say this was needed. I have heard it mentioned but assumed it was not required out of the box.

Is there an idiots guide to doing this somewhere?

Thanks again.

Steve
Glad it`s raining outside (again).

Are you sure your SD Card is loaded in the back of the Camera? Perhaps there's an issue with the card? Do you have another card to swap it out with. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't think the SD card reference was to the card in your camera (you did mention "technophobe" in you original post). Make sure you download the DJI Assistant software, and perform the latest updates too!

jimdenburg said:
Are you sure your SD Card is loaded in the back of the Camera? Perhaps there's an issue with the card? Do you have another card to swap it out with. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't think the SD card reference was to the card in your camera (you did mention "technophobe" in you original post). Make sure you download the DJI Assistant software, and perform the latest updates too!

The card in the camera works. When I press the button on the bottom of the camera it takes a photo (viewed on PC).

Just trying to work out what firmware I have and what the latest is.

Thanks

I am struggling to find which firmware I have.

When I go to `About on the App it says....
APP 1.0.38
Camera N/A
NAZA-M N/A

Is there nywhere else I can find it?

Thanks

Steve

Encantador said:

APP 1.0.38
Camera N/A
NAZA-M N/A

Thanks

Steve

I to was new to all of this even thought I have been flying rc helis for a few years I found youtube a great help with the p2v I don't if you have seen any of this but if not it will help you out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiBWyqgHSEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA32x9nfck4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItFBLPlsHc0
posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=67536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2SjZWa ... PlYyhRidcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2SjZWa ... PlYyhRidcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMQAueoYXc

I think the last one is going to help you out the most with your update

Thanks Shaun, very useful.

I get over your way every few weeks to visit relatives. Might give you a shout for info on some decent flying spots if that` oK.

Steve

I just posted a update to problems I had been having with my iphone4s not working as it should. Well today I discovered that it was the type of sd-card I was using.

So try using a new higher end quality sd-card then reseting it once installed in your P2V camera, this fixed my problems

Moose

Hi Moose,

Thanks for that.

I am using the 4Gb card that came with the Phantom, so would think it is OK but I will try another.

As I mentioned, it is not just about the camera as the app is not recieving any information from the machine.

At the moment, i am back to the camera icon being greyed out so can`t even get into it. It`s very weird how the problem changes from time to time.

After reading about issues when updating firmware, I am loathe to do that in case I already have the latest, but it looks as though the only way to check which you have is to get the app working.

Thanks again.

Steve

Encantador said:
Thanks Shaun, very useful.

I get over your way every few weeks to visit relatives. Might give you a shout for info on some decent flying spots if that` oK.

Steve

that's ok with me steve hope all that as help I know it did me. I use a Samsung note3, 8in and have had no probs with

Make sure sd and camera work manually. if they do all you need to do is re bind your units.

Encantador said:

APP 1.0.38
Camera N/A
NAZA-M N/A

Thanks

Steve
Have you connected your PV2 to the assistant software on your Pc ? That should tell you what firmware you have - nb do not forget to load the drivers first.

Echo the comment "you did say you were a technophobe" ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4