Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sample DNG Images including Multishot AEB

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by loganboyd, May 9, 2015.

1. loganboyd

I took some sample shots of my roof because I'm looking at putting solar panels on it.
    Keep in mind it was very windy. Phantom was tilting at 10-15 degrees just to maintain GPS hold.
    I tried out the 3 shot AEB and 5 shot AEB and used Lightroom CC to PhotoMerge and create the HDR.
    I've included the original 3 DNG shots that make up the 3 shot AEB HDR, the original 5 DNG shots that make up the 5 shot AEB HDR as well as a single shot DNG.
    I've also included a Full Size JPG export of the single shot, the 3 shot HDR and the 5 shot HDR after I edited them in Lightroom..

Sample files can be downloaded here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!PdFUgY4J!fd5iiBj7pAdRS6ivNSL66M-trrk5h10LBUJShV-TsDU

Here's a link to a short clip of video showing the wind conditions:

2. loganboyd

Checking the exposure info on the AEB photos it looks like it brackets with 2/3rds of an F-Stop separation in both the 3 shot and 5 shot. It would be nicer if it did full stops that way you could get -2, -1, 0, 1 and 2 stop exposure compensation out of the 5 shot AEB.

3. ebfoxbat

I'd love to be able to choose.

4. loganboyd

What I think I will do is take a 3 shot AEB and then adjust the EV down 1 to 2 stops and do another 3 shot AEB and then adjust EV up 1-2 stops and do another AEB and then choose about 4-5 pics to merge.
    The pics taken in the 3 shot needed no realignment but taking multiple sets will need some realignment with the motion drift during hover between the shot sequences.

5. ebfoxbat

This is 3 shots merged with the new Lightroom photo merge feature. I can't get my P3P to take 5 photos no matter what I try. With the setting on 3 or 5 I only get 3.

I also have yet to be able to take a bracketed series, change the exposure compensation, take 3 more, and have all 6 framed similarly enough for any of my software to align it properly.

We'll see. My ND filter set and CP should arrive Monday.