Salt water crash now beeping

Reaction score
I tried to get some footage of the yacht I work on while the boat was moving slowly. Long story short, my phantom 3 standard hit a railing and toppled into the water. Fortunately, we were in relatively shallow, clear water in the Bahamas. I dove in and recovered the drone from the ocean floor.

I flushed the drone with fresh water. After it dried, I took off the top and sprayed the board with anticorrosion spray. Battery was ruined. Replaced it. Drone started up and yellow lights flashed rapidly. Then the lights stopped and the drone just beeps loud and constant. The gimbal works, as does the camera. The rc and drone are connected. I can see the camera view on my phone thru the app. Says GPS safe to Fly. But is not connected to any satellites.

I'm thinking I need to open it up again and investigate the gps. I hate those tiny screws. Any other ideas? I believe the GPS hardware is located under the top side of the shell under the taped area?

Because of the loud beeping that I experienced with the first attempt at firmware upgrade yesterday, you may want to try upgrading your GoApp and then Upgrade the firmware before you do anything else. Apparently an upgrade came out yesterday. (Sept 6) Beware, the horrible loud beeping will continue for about 20 minutes during the upgrade so you may want to have the drone outside while you do it. Upgrades don't always work the first time and you have to do it again. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20