Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Church

Reaction score
Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Cypress, TX.

I drove by this church on Saturday and happened to have my quadcopter with me as well as my camera. The gates were open so I parked in the parking lot and proceeded to set up my quad. A few minutes later one of the Clergy drove up behind me and asked what I was doing.I told him that the church was beautiful and would like to take some photographs of the church both from the ground and the air. He thought this was a great idea and watched me fly my quad around the church taking photos plus taking pictures around the ground. He was delighted to see the quad pan around the church taking photos and video. He watched over my shoulder most of the time and giggled like a school girl a couple of times. :) In the end, he asked if he could have some of the photos and I told him that he was more than welcome to the photos. So we exchanged email addresses and I sent him the one posted here, plus more that I took on the ground with my Sony A7R.

Attachments

• Church-1.jpg
    Church-1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 341
I too have gone by there a million times and always loved the beauty of this church.
Today I got off work early and decided I'd finally get some aerial shots.
Well I didn't have the same luck today as you did.
The gates were open, but I was also droning the open water area down the street and flew from there.
I didn't realize it until I got home and reviewed the footage, but the guy I thought was just walking in the frame as I was setting up a shot had a BB gun and was shooting at me.

I saw your photo on their FB page.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings, It was just a little surprise to me.
I was concentrating on the shot and not the shot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl